Oil additives(Good or Bad)

stephen

Jan 13, 2009
South Africa
I know this has nothing to do with blasters but mybe someone can help me!
What do you think of oil additives? Like Prolong or PS23?
The company i used to work for added it to all there heavy duty trucks and tractors and even tlb's
My Nissan Hardbody now has 90 000 miles on, it is a 3.0 turbo diesel, would you add some additive to it? Why or why not?

I know this has nothing to do with blasters but mybe someone can help me!
What do you think of oil additives? Like Prolong or PS23?
The company i used to work for added it to all there heavy duty trucks and tractors and even tlb's
My Nissan Hardbody now has 90 000 miles on, it is a 3.0 turbo diesel, would you add some additive to it? Why or why not?

Sure go for it. I'm skeptical to how well it usually works, but even I run gumout, seaform, etc. through gas in my car every now and then. Do I realistically think it does a whole hell of a lot?.......no...not really, but it might clear out a little gunk here and there around injectors.

Thanks man, i haven't seen that over here yet! But how do you know if it works or not? Running colder? uses less fuel?

my dad one put some oil additive (i cant remember the name) in his old Isuzu 260 Alpine development special turbo. Well when it ripped cylinder ones rod clen out the base of the piston and we pull it apart, we found a big gooey lump of the additive in the sump just sitting ther. it had not dissolved and mixed with the oil at all. so based on that, i think regular servicing and freqeunt oil changes are the best method!

Thanks man, i haven't seen that over here yet! But how do you know if it works or not? Running colder? uses less fuel?

I've used from way back in the day on about 50 vehicles . Use less oil, smoother idle, better gas economy ,faster acceleration ,lower emissions . These are some of the things I've seen using it.