Official Boots Review Thread.

BlastfromPast69

Apr 24, 2013
I noticed that there are pipe review threads and tire review threads but I didn't notice any boot review threads so, here you go. If you would like to add something then go ahead.
Highlight right click then copy and paste. (ctrl V)

Boot Brand And Name:

Men or Womens (or both):

Estimated Price Range (New/Used or what you paid):

What you ride(dusty,rocky,etc. Also, mx/trails/flat):

Sizing(What size did you get?,do the run big or small?):

Overall Performance Of The Boots (1-10 ten being best 1 being worst):

Overall Quality Of The Boots(1-10 ten being best 1 being worst):

Other:

Boot Brand And Name: Alpinestars Tech 3

Men or Womens (or both): both

Estimated Price Range (New/Used or what you paid): ~$200

What you ride(dusty,rocky,etc. Also, mx/trails/flat): everything

Sizing(What size did you get?,do the run big or small?): 11, spot on

Overall Performance Of The Boots (1-10 ten being best 1 being worst): 7.5 These take a long time to break in. Average to above average comfort, great protection.

Overall Quality Of The Boots(1-10 ten being best 1 being worst): 7.5 Won't get trashed in one season like most $100 boots. Great customer service (got a free replacement buckle from local dealer) Can be re-soled

Boot Brand And Name: Alpinestars Tech 7

Men or Womens (or both): Mens

Estimated Price Range (New/Used or what you paid): $350

What you ride(dusty,rocky,etc. Also, mx/trails/flat): everything

Overall Performance Of The Boots (1-10 ten being best 1 being worst): 9 These hardly need any break in and are very comfortable, great protection.

Overall Quality Of The Boots(1-10 ten being best 1 being worst): 9 I've only got one season on these but so far I love them. $350 is a little steep but they will last you many years, I would highly reccomend them.

Good thread as I'm in the market for boots.
I have too but I just ride around my house mostly so I don't want to buy some for a lot and just use them for rec. riding and my foot is still growing so I don't want to wear them for a month and then have to sell them because they don't fit. But if I find some cheap ones I will buy them because right now I am using an old pair of Nike Shox. So boots would be quite an upgrade.

yea I wear 11 ish right now too.

If you can't afford proper riding gear you can't really afford to ride, medical bills could end up setting you back a small fortune. CL is full of cheap riding boots, I sold my Tech 3's for $20 last week.

If you can't afford proper riding gear you can't really afford to ride, medical bills could end up setting you back a small fortune. CL is full of cheap riding boots, I sold my Tech 3's for $20 last week.
Dont tell me they were size 11s?

Haha yeah they were size 11. I have a bunch of extra mx gear that a friend who moved away left me, Ill see what I can dig up next time I go to my storage unit, I know there's a set of boots in there.

Boot Brand And Name: Alpine Star Tech 6
Men or Womens: Mens
Estimated Price Range: $114 to my door, used/worn twice/like new condition (gotta luv ebay ! )
What you ride: rocky trails
Sizing: size 10...spot on
Overall Performance Of The Boots: 10
Overall Quality Of The Boots: 10
Other: best boots i've ever owned,

6ih3f4.jpg

here's what work boots/sneakers will get ya....
an $11,000 helicoptor ride off the mountain, 2 surgeries,
4 pins/screws and 16 weeks on crutches

foot_zps45cb2c14.jpg

GET, AND WEAR RIDING BOOTS !!!!!!

I jus got a new set of fox comp 5s for 45$ anyone had them before? My first set of legit riding boots. They seem comfortable an decent boot from what i read