Official 250x/300ex thread

when i pick mine up i wanna have a vertual drag race 4cfed, video it and post the drag time, and ill do the same..lol ill also do my blaster to, i wanna see how they compare, i got my money on my blasty though

I know some who needs some help with a 87 250x if someone could PM me that is willing tuo help us out on it.. He was riding it and the cam chain came off. He just took it apart and didn't pay attention how the cam or anything was sitting when he took it off. Does anyone know if there is an online manual or anything like that for a 250x?

uhh.... if the cam chain came off you have bigger problems than the timing.. better pull the head and make sure the valves are not bent!!!!
depending on when the chain cam off... wait.. did it like jump off or did it jump off timing??? if it jumped timing you best pray it didnt jump enough to bend valves, if it like snapped you might get lucky and it came off/ broke and the valve shut and caused no damage....

but there are marks that line up when you pull the cam covers/timing covers for the timing

uhh.... if the cam chain came off you have bigger problems than the timing.. better pull the head and make sure the valves are not bent!!!!
depending on when the chain cam off... wait.. did it like jump off or did it jump off timing??? if it jumped timing you best pray it didnt jump enough to bend valves, if it like snapped you might get lucky and it came off/ broke and the valve shut and caused no damage....

but there are marks that line up when you pull the cam covers/timing covers for the timing

the chain just came off... it didn't brake or anything. I'll check the head to see if anything looks bent.

put the timing mark on the T this will get you at top dead center. Have the cam sitting in place with the lobes facing down. Then install the cam gear with the 2 little marks parallel with the top of the head. horizontal not vertical like so: - -. I cant remember off hand what the torque is on the cam gear bolts. I would say its like 9ft pounds.

I've done this about 10 times now....lol

I've searched the net for a long time finding the online manual for the 300ex/250x I have had zero luck. It seems like you can find ant other quad in pdf. I bit the bullet and bought a clymer manual.

yeah, i been looking into mods for these and theres alot out there, seems like alot of 400ex and 250r stuff will switch over

mine pissed me off today.... someone f*cked with my plug, it was almost turned all the way out of the head... 75947564876538451095 kicks later i realized that, tightened it back down and fired 3 kicks later

no i put the plug in saturday morning... checked it after riding, ran it in the direway that night, tryed to start it today and no go.... and now my shine is bruised and hurtin from the fkn forword kicker wackin my shin

yeah whenever i first got mine going after putting the 12:1 piston in it i started it to let it idle and the first rev I gave it blew the plug out of it. lol I had to pull the head and insert a heli-coil.

honder why it did that? do you have to run race gas with that piston? how much compression you have? also will 450r a-arms fir on it? i found a set of burguard+2 for 125

I dont know on the compression. Im guessing the spark plug threads were already cheesed so it just stripped out the remaining few that were good and blew the plug out.

Yes I mix 110 with 91 50/50.

I think anything over a 11.1 compression piston you need to run some racce gas. Especially on an air cooled engine.

I'm not sure on a 450r if anything will fit.