Not wanting to start!!

What pilot are you running? Are you sure the pilot is clean and not plugged?

I'm running the stock pilot, yes I've cleaned the carb numerous times using a full can of carb cleaner on it, it does leak sometimes even though I've checked the float height a hundred times and it's 21mm, also doing the q-tip toothpaste trick.

You have little holes in the side of the pilot jet. Use a bread tie and strip the plastic off of it to get to the metal wire in the middle . That wire works great for cleaning out the small holes. Just spraying with carb cleaner won't clean out the holes most of the time.

You have little holes in the side of the pilot jet. Use a bread tie and strip the plastic off of it to get to the metal wire in the middle . That wire works great for cleaning out the small holes. Just spraying with carb cleaner won't clean out the holes most of the time.

Yes I've completely taken it apart all the jets out and cleaned every hole in the carb till it was spotless using every method of cleaning.

I did notices that when I barely hit the throttle it kind of bogs out and will sputter and sometimes backfire, like it's getting too much gas or air but after I hit the throttle a little more it will jump back up and the throttle is crisp but the rpms seem a little high, if this helps any?

This is exactly how my Blaster was acting when I had a problem with my TORS. Removed that and was running like a champ.

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-remove-your-tors-655/?highlight=TORS+removal

Okay it's been a while but I finally got the blaster running again, slick gave me a new carb and that fixed all my problems! All that trouble and it was all from bad crank seals and bad carb. Thanks everyone for the help!

At least somebody can ride!! That was actually the stock carb just cleaned very well!!

Your welcome homie! Ride on!

Well I'm back, with another problem. My base gasket went out the other day so I ordered a new stock one from Ken, put it on yesterday did a leak down and it only went down one psi after 10 mins. So today I went to start it and it started up for about 1 min and died, tried to start it after that and got nothing, so I took the carb off and cleaned it real good. Put it back on and still not wanting to start. Tried messing with the air/gas screw and idle screw, put a new spark plug in and still nothing. Any ideas?

take the spark plug out and put some 2 stroke gas into the motor and put the spark plug back in and kick it over a couple times and it should start

take the spark plug out and put some 2 stroke gas into the motor and put the spark plug back in and kick it over a couple times and it should start

/\ /\ /\ Not such a good idea, fuel washes lubrication from cylinder walls.:(

What is the compression reading?

i didn't read the whole 11 page back story.. but i have a couple questions for you.. i see you did do crank seals.. which means you had the flywheel and stator out of it. check for spark.. if you kick it a few times does i backfire or pop out the exhaust? what i think you may have going on is a broken flywheel key..

Well I don't know what it was, but I did as mud runner said and it started right up and stayed running until i shut it off, should I check anything now? Or why is it that it started with that little bit of gas in the plug hole?

Well I don't know what it was, but I did as mud runner said and it started right up and stayed running until i shut it off, should I check anything now? Or why is it that it started with that little bit of gas in the plug hole?

It started because it had fuel to burn..

Aparrently no fuel is getting into the crankcase, check for air leaks and your reeds.

Warning. Do not keep chucking fuel in the plug hole, very bad practice!

It started because it had fuel to burn..

Aparrently no fuel is getting into the crankcase, check for air leaks and your reeds.

Warning. Do not keep chucking fuel in the plug hole, very bad practice!

It stayed running for 20 mins until I shut it off though, I did a leak down test right before that after I put the new base gasket on. I didn't check the reeds because I have them sealed up with gasket sealer and didn't have the time to do all of that.

Could the choke curcuit be clogged stopping fuel from getting in.

You could have a small air leak somewhere as your leak down test should have held 7psi for 10 minutes.

I would also be inspecting those reeds.

Previous question, what is compression like?