Nology Ignition

98blaster

Jul 31, 2008
pittsburgh ,pa
Ive been kicking around the idea of upgrading the ignition on my trail bikes to the Nology coil an Hotwire, but i dont know if it would be beneficial to do so, i know in the car market the hotwires work well on the honda engines ive built an used them on, but are they good for trail bikes or only drag bikes? Also i can't seem to find much info as far as which coil an Hotwire to use if it deems to be a worth while upgrade. Any info or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

if you don't have anything else that will add performace to blow $100+ on..... do it.

you're looking for the single cylinder 2 stroke coil.... PFC-03S (must be .3 ohm for cdi ignition bikes)
i'd just call and get the complete coil and wire setup straight from nology...
http://www.nology.com/form.html

if you don't have anything else that will add performace to blow $100+ on..... do it.

you're looking for the single cylinder 2 stroke coil.... PFC-03S (must be .3 ohm for cdi ignition bikes)
i'd just call and get the complete coil and wire setup straight from nology...
http://www.nology.com/form.html
Lol thanks awk, i have everything done the the engine that can be done besides stroker an big bore, I have a stroker bottom end already built an cylinder being ported for next years setup. An I dont like big bores, so nope nothing else to spend money on. Does it make an improvement over stock ignition setup?

Lol thanks awk, i have everything done the the engine that can be done besides stroker an big bore, I have a stroker bottom end already built an cylinder being ported for next years setup. An I dont like big bores, so nope nothing else to spend money on. Does it make an improvement over stock ignition setup?

i'm not a BBK fan either, and i don't know if it made much difference, supposedly easier starting ? my bikes have always started 1-2 kicks.
i just didn't have anything else to spend $ on :)

Ok so I bought a brand new Nology coil for 41 shipped, thanks to AWK for helping me on that. Now I need to figure out which Hotwire I need, I see the number for the 2stroke yz, its 012 131 011, but Idk if thats what I need for my application, id like to mount the coil in the stock location with a fabbed adapter bracket, so it needs to be long enough to reach,

I don't know the number on my hotwire. I'll go and take a look for you.

As for performance, I really couldn't tell you if it made a difference or not, I put it on shortly after I got my Motor reassembled. I mounted it up to the same location where the factory coil was. I used some washers for spacers, and bolts with nylock nuts. Fairly easy job, and worked well.

I looked, and between the mud stains, and the gas tank in the way, I cant see a damn thing. I got my setup off Dualstroke. Might not hurt to ask him for the #'s.

Sorry I can't help you with that.

Haha thanks for trying Fred, I figured I might aswell upgrade the ignition, its about all thats left stock, an next season my stroker will be done an going on with it. The drag guys are using this setup for a reason

the problem with the nology wires isn't being too short, it's being too long.
they even allow mounting the coil up under the hood.
i have a brand new one laying down the shop, i'll try to remember to look for a # today

i'm going to say yes, the 012 131 011 # is correct, the nology website lists it for the pfc-03s coil needed for our single cylinder 2 strokes with cdi ignition

nology.jpg

Looking for the number as well. I'm looking to upgrade the coil and wire as well.

coil is PFC-03S, .3 ohm for single cylinder CDI 2 strokes
wire is 012 131 011, its what nology lists for matching that coil.

Looking for the number as well. I'm looking to upgrade the coil and wire as well.
The coil number is pfc-03s, I got mine in the mail today, I got it off eBay New out of packaging for 40 shipped. Im working on figuring out the wire number, but I think its the one I already mentioned