noisy transmission

tylerrule

Apr 16, 2013
I just took my blaster down the road and it started making this loud noise, i thought the chain was draggin on the guard, thats the kind of noise it was making idk how else to describe it. when i pull the clutch in it goes away. please help!:(

Did it suddenly start making this noise? Does it in all gears? Wether rolling or stopped? Does it in neutral? Is trans oil full? When was last time changed?

If you answered yes to any of those don't ride until you investigate more.
buy, beg, borrow, or steal a Clymers manual, or down load a repair manual.

Pull clutch cover and have a look.

Check to make sure that ur bolts on ur axle housing for that u loosen to adjust ur chain are tight. I had mine come loose on me once n it made some weird noise that I thought was the trans.

Oh Lord one of the its making a weird noise questions.. I deal with these all day. You should hear my vocabulary of weird noises i have. Some sound like dying animals and others like a busted up jack hammer.. The thing is sometimes it's hard to figure out unless you hear it yourself, if you have any way of making a video that would be great and i would say within 10 min of posting on here someone would know what it is.. So it sounds like process of elimination is going to have to work this time.. So it also sounds clutch related since when you pull in clutch it goes away..Did this just start or slowly progressed?

This thread would be worth the space it takes up *IF the OP took a minute to actually explain what problem he found was :( I am having ~similar~ problems with a 91 blaster and got anxious when I started reading this thread just to be disappointed when it ends with no explanation of what the OP found the problem to be or what exactly he "fixed" :(