No start...bad noise!!

giantvt104

Jan 6, 2012
deer park, ny
today i went to do the oil block off and i removed the pump cover then removed pump and then the clutch cover. i pulled the top c clip and the plastic gear off the pump. reinstalled the pump as the plate. i sealed up the holes in cover plug, the two pump ports and the carb port. put it all back together. i completely drained every drop of fuel out of the blasty including the carb bowl. then waited about 6 hours for my rtv that i used to seal ports to dry. so i mixed up some 32:1 with 93 pump gas and i started it up and warmed it. then all of a sudden it was was just like clunk clunk clunk clunk and it shut off. now it does not start anymore and when i turn the kickstart it makes a terrible clunking sound. almost like out of the head area??? If anyone has some advice for me id realy appreciate it. before i just start tearing things apart... thanks guys

here is a vid. crappy quality cause its at night. sorry at the end i dropped the camera. ill post a better one tommorow.

Last edited by a moderator:
oilpump.png

Did you remove the shaft, labeled #6. The PO of my blaster left it in to block off the opening and without the gear on it the shaft flops around.
I had a similar noise from that.

oilpump.png

Did you remove the shaft, labeled #6. The PO of my blaster left it in to block off the opening and without the gear on it the shaft flops around.
I had a similar noise from that.

i didnt. i only removed 1, 2, and 3. i left 4, 5 ,6 ,7. could be making noise but do you think it was cause it to stop running and continue making it with it off and just being kickstarted with no engagement from any drive?

It's hard to tell by the vid but I would check the piston because of the fact it stop running.

Yeah thats what i was afraid of. when i kick start it. it sounds terrible!!! it sounds to me like the piston is destroyed or crank let go. Not sure yet. yeah my vid is pretty bad. i am def gonna make a better one tommorow. very noticable sound that it makes.

Well, if it's making noise no sense starting it, just doing more damage. Start by pulling clutch cover. Next pull exhaust and look at piston/bore. Then pull head.

Well, if it's making noise no sense starting it, just doing more damage. Start by pulling clutch cover. Next pull exhaust and look at piston/bore. Then pull head.

ok thats what im gonna do. i have already taken off the clutch cover cause thats where is was working on it doing the oil block off. so i went right back there. it looks ok to me but is there any specific things i should look for under the cover?

Yeah thats what i was afraid of. when i kick start it. it sounds terrible!!! it sounds to me like the piston is destroyed or crank let go. Not sure yet. yeah my vid is pretty bad. i am def gonna make a better one tommorow. very noticable sound that it makes.

Did you seal the oil injection port on the carb?

i didnt. i only removed 1, 2, and 3. i left 4, 5 ,6 ,7. could be making noise but do you think it was cause it to stop running and continue making it with it off and just being kickstarted with no engagement from any drive?

honestly dude all u need to put back in to block off the oil inject is 6, 4 and 1. i usually just put a washer in between 4 and 1 but u dont even have to do that.
as for the sound and no start. do you have spark? and fuel? neather one of those should make a diff sound. but compression is maybe where your heading it??? hows the kickstart shaft and spring??? aswell as the shifter shaft can move in and out minorly and it thats hard up agenst the clutch that could make sound??????

Silly question. Did you use the correct oil in the pre mix?

no i was using regular echo 2 stroke oil as injection oil. my mistake but i fixed it. it ended up being the key on the flywheel sheared of cause the nut loosened on the flywheel and was just flopping around. i removed the whole injection and have all the correct fluids in.

thanks blaast

no i was using regular echo 2 stroke oil as injection oil. my mistake but i fixed it. it ended up being the key on the flywheel sheared of cause the nut loosened on the flywheel and was just flopping around. i removed the whole injection and have all the correct fluids in.

thanks blaast

I trust that you are now using oil designed for air cooled motorcycles, at 32:1

NB, a change in oil/fuel ratio may require a main jet change.

You may need to lap that flywheel if it has spun!