no spark

thorius

Mar 22, 2011
ok was riding the blaster all was running fine took my daugher for a slow put around yard and she died. i thought maybe fouled out the plug so put in new plug she ran for another 40 yard and died again now im getting no spark. this sound like a coil problem? cdi? or maybe just a bad switch? any help would be nice. We're kinda new to 2 strokes. seemed to be running fine up to that point.

hmm went out and kicked her like 6 times and she fired up. boot was on good too. Now i have no clue why it started im glad it did but maybe the coil is overheating?

Sounds to me like the ignition coil is going bad...they can heat up and quit if there is an internal break in the windings. Is the TORS system still installed in the Blasty? If so, I'd get rid of it right away. Doing so will get rid of a lot of potential electrical headaches.

If I were you, get a service manual for the Blasty (be sure it has an 03 + supplement in the back... I saw in ur welcome thread that the bike is a 2004), and test the ignition coil with a volt meter. If it fails (or barley passes) any of the resistance tests, replace it. Chances are the CDI box and coils under the flywheel are OK. Even if the ignition coil passes a resistance test when cold, it may still quit once it gets hot. If in doubt, put on a new one.

Last edited:
ya both these blaster got the tors still and the oil injectors possibly the first 2 things we need to get rid of. i was thinking coil too since it started back up today. need to do some testing on it for sure thxs guys