no spark! im at my wits end!

duneracerweston

Jun 7, 2011
Brownsboro, Tx
got a 03 blaster got it in to do the motor on ( shelled piston and cases) and it has a no spark condition now that i didnt know it had before.

everything i know to check is good or replaced.

cdi, new just came today.
pickup ohms in the oem specs.
wiring harness is good.
key is disabled so thats not my issue.

i hooked up the coil from my warrior to it and its a big no go on the spark which is why i changed the cdi, now my question is could it be the tors? and if so how do i delete/eliminate that from the system on a 03?

any help is greatly appreciated!

I noticed you said the key is disabled, make sure the key wires aren't connected to each other or grounding out on the frame somewhere. It could also be a bad flywheel which isn't making any power. The TORS should still allow it to have spark, but there should be a how to on the forum of how to disable it on the 03 and up blasters.

If its lighting the lights, it should be good. I'd say just trace the whole electrical system, it sounds like a lot, but is actually pretty straight forward. Check your grounds to make sure they are good, also trace your wires to make sure you aren't grounding out the spark somewhere before it makes it to the plug. If that doesn't uncover the problem, try starting at the coil and seeing if you are getting current, then tracing the ignition system wires until you lose the spark.

The wiring diagrams in the manual will help with looking where to check the grounds, as well as checking the different compenents of the ignition system. Hope this helps.