No Reverse

chevyayers

Mar 25, 2010
pa
So I finally got the blasty to run but now I only have reverse, I have read all the posts on no reverse. I got a brand new key, stator is where it needs to be, and I even tried switching the white/red and black/red no spark hoping maybe they were backwards. Does anyone have any other ideas or do I need to split the case. Please help thanks.

Blasters do not have reverse. yes it is possible to get a 2 stroke motor to run backwards, but it would take ignition timing modifications as well as some way to actually spin it backwards to start it. Neither can be accomplished by accident.

ok well guys how about you come to lancaster pa and I will show you a blaster that goes atleast 3 gears in reverse. Have not messed with timing at all. set to factory setting

are you sure that the stator and flywheel are off the correct year? you have to use 03+ stator with 03+ flywheel and 02 down flywheel/stator together

I hane not replaced the stator or flywheel so I hope they are 89,s. Got the blasty for free 4yrs ago I have never heard the bike run until last week and it went into rev. I had a key from lowes milled it down to fit still had rev so I went to the dealer put it in last night and still has rev. Correct my if Im wrong but a blaster doesnt have timing only gear timing?

ok well guys how about you come to lancaster pa and I will show you a blaster that goes atleast 3 gears in reverse. Have not messed with timing at all. set to factory setting

Im not doubting you. You could get it all the way in 6th gear if you wanted to. Ive seen it a few times. Check your keys.

Im going to say that the key didnt move 5deg or 180 deg. every time I pull the flywheel the key is there and is still lined up with the flywheel. One of you said check keys is there more than one (like inside the eng that would affect this). Is the flywheel key moving or breaking the only thing that will cause rev only? Im looking for something other that the key. Maybe something internal like welded gears?

hmmm thats weird ive nly heard of the happing if the woodruff key is sheared and i dont theink teres anyotheres that would cause this problem cud the flywheel is bolted onto the cank so theres no where else to mess up the timeing made someone put your gears or something in wrong idk if thats even possible mabe your magneto is on wrong

Are you tightening the flywheel to the correct torque setting?

If it is not it will spin out of time.... Well I am pretty sure it will....

Maybe the cdi unit is toast, that's the only other thing that can effect timing. Does it have the stock cdi?
How can you tell what years the fly wheel is for?

Ok so I just went out pulled the flywheel was all lined up put it back on torqued to spec started on 2nd kick so I dout it had time to shear and went backwards again. While kicking the flywheel goes fwd and while it is running to turns backwards. How can I tell if I have the right stator and flywheel. Let me get this right the cdi could affect this as well?

Ok so I just went out pulled the flywheel was all lined up put it back on torqued to spec started on 2nd kick so I dout it had time to shear and went backwards again. While kicking the flywheel goes fwd and while it is running to turns backwards. How can I tell if I have the right stator and flywheel. Let me get this right the cdi could affect this as well?

put in in 180 deg and see what happens

I tried that the other day got no spark. But I will gladdly try it again tomorrow. Please keep the ideas coming, I will gladly try them all. Thanks

Heres the link for my backwards blaster, oh ya and it smokes really bad also I could use some ideas on that as well. The carb is rebuilt with oem parts nothing aftermarket.

Last edited by a moderator: