NO POWER!!!!

punkcoach55

Dec 18, 2007
CT
The bike runs fine in 1,2,3 but 4, 5, 6th the is NO power. It cuts out, but does not stall. Any ideas?????? I have a longer gears on it I believe I went up 1 tooth on the front.

by moving up a tooth on the front sprocket u are giving yourself more lowend and less top......but u need to drop the rear sprocket a size to make it more equal......u'll still be getting more lowend but it wont completly kill ur topend like it is now

Thanks, however I don't think the sprocket is the problem. When I first changed over it ran perfect, now it has about has about half the power it should have.

by moving up a tooth on the front sprocket u are giving yourself more lowend and less top......but u need to drop the rear sprocket a size to make it more equal......u'll still be getting more lowend but it wont completly kill ur topend like it is now

hawkeye by going up in the front you gain more top speed or subtracting teeth from the rear, if you go smaller in the front it gears it down giving better acceleration

check your carb...maybe it has something stuck in the jets...that happened to my 250 ex one time..and i just cleaned it 2 weeks before that too. it was like a pebble or something.

clean carb check reeds make sure choke isnt stickin,check compression,make sure gas doesnt got water in it..remove tors lol that fixes everything on a blaster so i here

Well I just replaced the plug, and it still runs like crap. But heres the question with the TORS? Should it be done with the kit from Vito's or do it like here on the forum?

Yesterday went through the bike with a fine tooth comb, checked the pistion, rings, jug, head, cleaned the carb, put an oil block off kit, new gaskets all around, and removed the TORS. Let you know the results today when I finish.

The TORS was all messed up when I pulled it off. I found that if you cross over the wires the that come from the throttle, and completely remove all the grabage in the top of the carb it works wonderfully. HIt runs a 110% better; however it is still not there on power. I dont know how many more adjustments I can to the carb with one screw. Any ideas???