no power

nightmare420

Jun 19, 2008
Newfane/Burt, New York
facebook.com
ok i recently rebuild my topend and got it all back together and it fired right up, but when you ride it has NO POWER at all. litterally tops at like 7 mph. i'v changed the jet, took the airbox lid off, wich did help past 2nd but still nothing really. you can hold the throttle in and wont go ANYWHERE, you just puut around, and it smokes extreamly bad, smells like tranny oil too. but today i stripped my blaster down took the motor off and when i emptied the oil out of the tranny it smelt like nothing but gas. was clean tho. someone help me out PLEASE! lol im desprate i dont know what to do anymore, and i know its gotta be something small like a seal. any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :-/

Bro,your crank seals are gone,thats letting gas into the tranny and its burning tranny fluid causing it to smoke and smell bad.

yeah man, theres one on each side. ive heard you are supposed to grease them when you put them in also. your quad sounds like it is EXTREMELY loaded up, which would make sense if its sucking regular motor oil from the tranny and trying to burn it like 2 stroke. i bet your plug is blaaaaaaaaack.

You can buy the seals for less then $20.
When you did the rebuild, did you have the bottom end apart for some reason?
It seems a little strange that is was alright before having the bore/hone work and the seal failing like it did all in the same day?
Please provide as much info as possible
Thanks

my parts blaster did the same thing except the smoke didnt stink and there was no gas in the tranny. all mine needed was jetted right, maybe yours is a combo of bad seals and jetting?

no i did not have the case open when i rebuilt it. i took it to some dude that was suppopsed to change the crank seals after the rebuild tho and i dont think he even did it.
i dindt bore it at all it has a stock piston still is that bad?

umm depends.. what is your compression? and I would go to someone ELSE to replace the seals.. and have it done right..

HPIM1292.jpg

heres one pic what else should i take pics of to help you help me.. lol