no power

so has anyone struck any new ideas or had the same problem yet? been a year now since i rode the blaster and i still haven't found out what is wrong with the motor yet. i gave up and started looking for a new case, but im down to find the problem and fix it again. i need to ride. please someone help me out. i WILL rip this beast apart and take a pic of ANYTHING anyone wants to see. thanks in adavce =D

put new seals in it and rebuild the top end then do a leakdown test on it. there's a thread on that in the DIY section. these things aren't that complicated so don't get too downhearted. what jet are you using? and does it still have the stock exhaust? is it still running the oil injection? or are you premixing?

Whats your compression? You need to eliminate every possible variable.

1. Check your compression
2. Do a plug chop
3. Is your carb dirty, jets clogged?
4. What a are your mods, and what jets are you running?
5. Is your air filter dirty, clogged, blocked? Check your air filter flow rubber pipe.
6. Did you do a timing mod?
7. When the motor was rebuilt, what was it rebuilt with?
8. Are your reeds blocked, cracked? Inspect THOROUGHLY
9. Check your exhaust for any rats nests, blockage, ect. You never know.
10. Do a leak down test. Are you sucking in air anywhere?
11. Tors removed?
Do all those and get back to us

to start thanx man for actually helping out. glad to see someone cares =) lol heres what i have/havnt done so far.. what do you mean by what was it rebuilt with? like what piston size? everything i put in was stock. piston, rings, seals, and bearing. all new from local parts shop. and the arrow IS facing exhaust port. lol =D compresion wasnt tested yet i dont think. that and a leaktest are the top two things on my list to check out.

tors removed
filter kept clean after every other ride
carb is spotless. along with the jets and hoses.
no timing mod.
main jet is a 280
no mouse or rats in the whole bike =)
the reeds do have the smallest mark on the cage, but idk if its big enought to matter. ill post up a pic in a lil bit

all my mods are in my sig

thanks A LOT, again for the help. its time for me to get this biotch in the trails again lol

to start thanx man for actually helping out. glad to see someone cares =) lol heres what i have/havnt done so far.. what do you mean by what was it rebuilt with? like what piston size? everything i put in was stock. piston, rings, seals, and bearing. all new from local parts shop. and the arrow IS facing exhaust port. lol =D compresion wasnt tested yet i dont think. that and a leaktest are the top two things on my list to check out.

tors removed
filter kept clean after every other ride
carb is spotless. along with the jets and hoses.
no timing mod.
main jet is a 280
no mouse or rats in the whole bike =)
the reeds do have the smallest mark on the cage, but idk if its big enought to matter. ill post up a pic in a lil bit

all my mods are in my sig

thanks A LOT, again for the help. its time for me to get this biotch in the trails again lol

Lol its all good man. If you want I have a reed cage with good reeds that are tight and everything, good to go. If you want it just PM me. Deff do the leak test. Find out what piston size, piston ring size, what bearings were put in and also what seals were put in. What are you mixing at?

Smelling like gas and gas actually being in your oil is a big difference. You really need to find out if gas was seeping into your transmission. If it gas was in there, we need to find out how, and why it got in there.

hey i have a question check ur clutch.. i had the same problem and it was cause i didnt put the outside pressure plate on correctly keep turning it where the screws are over and over till it sits correctly on the plates.

yeah ill def let you know about this. ill probably do it later tonight. still waiting on a leak test tho. need to ride this thing!!! X(

Yeah, man, definately do that cylinder leakdown test. The results of the test will tell you right away where the problem is. I'm 95% sure, though, that your bogging problem is that bad RH side crankshaft seal you showed in the pic. See, that seal not only maintains the engine's airtight crankcase. It also keeps the oil in the gearbox from getting into the engine and being burned, along with the fuel/air/oil mixture coming in from the carburetor. In the event of a bad seal, the engine will run under its own power, but it also sucks in some oil from the gearbox and burns it, too. The resulting oil smoke cloud is big enough to summon the local fire department. Not to mention that the engine will run WAY rich and won't rev properly.

I speak from firsthand experience here, having had the same problem on an old '93 Blasty I once owned. A new seal took care of it. Seals are really cheap; a whole set from Moose Racing will cost all of about $ 20.00 shipped. Buy at least a new RH seal, and install it. Once you have the new seal installed on that side of the engine, reassemble everything and try the starter. It will probably fire right up and run normally. You may need to ride for 15 minutes or so to get all the residue out of the exhaust, but engine should start to run better right away; it'll just smoke a lot until the excess oil burns off.

BUY THE NEW SEAL. It will be money well-spent, and will likely solve the problem. Good Luck!:D

i have said this many times, the seal IS NEW. bought right from dennis kirk. but i will go and buy ANOTHER just to try. after the leak test tho. lol im just waiting for my uncle to find his tester. waiting blows, but it will hopefully be worth it in the long run.. BTW you are talking about the seal on the kick start side right?

Yeah, it's the seal on the kick start side of the engine, beneath the crankcase cover. You might also want to check the collar that fits on the crankshaft and contacts the seal. If it is damaged or 'grooved', even a new seal won't work properly and you'll hafta replace the collar. I have one other thing to check, too. If the case halves were split on this engine during the rebuild, be sure that they were put back together with a thin bead of sealant in between the two halves. No sealant used means leaks, guaranteed.

I feel your frustration, man, and hope you get it figured out! I'm waiting on nothing more than some warmer weather to get back on my '02 Blasty project. Damn snow. A new record for North Texas, as it happens, and I'm stuck inside until it melts!