No gas flow need help!

blastngo92

Jul 7, 2010
Louisiana
So my cast comes off monday so i decided to pull my blasty out and crank it up for the first time in a while, turned the gas on it started but died out short after, i have half a tank of gas and the feul line from the gas tank to the carb is clear and i saw ni feul going to the carb, i put it into reserve and still no gas flow, so i took off the gas tank drained the gas and pulled out the filters and junk, thats all fine so i put it back on and put gas back in it, still no flow wtf

Check that the petcock it self is not clogged . The the line off the carb and see if it will flow. If you have flow that way, then your carb is dirty. If fuel can't flow out of the bowl to the motor, then fuel can't flow in.

More than likely having set for a long period all the gas has evaporated off and what was left has totally gunked your carb. Lots of spray cleaner or better yet is soak it in Berrymans carb cleaner.

Reactions: blastngo92
yep, i'd bet the floats are stuck closed
pull the carb and completely disassemble and clean it

If your going to let it sit for a couple of weeks or more, add a fuel stabilizer . It don't take long for fuel to start breaking down.

if you take all the jets, float, and needle out you can soak the carb in gas for a few hours then blow it off with compressed air. That should leave you with a carb looking nice and clean on the outside and in.