Nitrous

alkyblaster4mill

Sep 23, 2008
Grantham NC
Anyone running nitrous on there blaster if so what kit??? My setup now is 4mm storker crank, drag ported, cpi inframe pipe, vitos +4 degree key, 34mm mikuni carb on alky, v-force reeds, cpi inframe pipe, 15/38 gearing, +6 swingarm. But am bought to get a out of frame drag pipe and a 38mm keihin carb setup for alky with a powerjet. Am going to but a dry kit on it with a 8 or 10 shot. Also what do you guys think of my setup???

when i think of nos on a blasters little fragile engine, i picture head blowing off and parts flying everywhere.

lol but would be pretty sick.

Am usualley at busco beach but just got the motor back together only been down there 2 times with it the clutch went out on it so am going to do somemore stuff to it then am going to go to wallace to the 300 feet dirt drag.

if u were to ever run nitrous on that motor there would be sum things i would do first... run a forged piston, run a cold spark plug, get a timing plate and retard timing, and get really good gas. sum things to think about but im pretty sure itll be short lived on a blaster motor.

heres a tip ..dont run more than a 15 shot in a blaster engine ,it will blow the cases apart if you get greedy ,id avoid it actually ,babies are bottle fed ..build it right and it wont need nitrous to win

Yea i have changed my mind bout it just going to get a full drag port on the cylinder and get some head work done to it more than likey by you flotek going to see what she will run in 300 feet this sunday getting my ftz out of frame pipe 2 morrow

Your set-up sounds bad ass.
I would like to add that the clutch is also a bigtime limiter in a Blaster motor.
Find some way to stop it from slipping and then shoot N2O.

it lyk liquid exept it alot cheper mixes with the fuel and does alot less damage

Never heard of it. The reason to shoot N2O in a gas form is the 'O' part which is oxygen. I can't see it being possible for it to be in a powdered form.
I can believe that it contains something else and they are marketing it as powdered nitrous oxide.

From my knowladge of Nitrous Oxide, when injected into the engine, at a certian temp the nitrogen and o2 seperate and the nitrogen acts as a refriegrant and cools the cylinder charge temp drasticly allowing more air/fuel to be cramed into the cylinder. At the same time the o2 feeds the hell out of the charge further making a bigger bang!

I'm still learing about 2 strokes, but I can't imangine NO2 being very efficient in a 2 stoke like it would be in any 4 stoke.

I would love to see one run with NO2 thats for sure!

From my knowladge of Nitrous Oxide, when injected into the engine, at a certian temp the nitrogen and o2 seperate and the nitrogen acts as a refriegrant and cools the cylinder charge temp drasticly allowing more air/fuel to be cramed into the cylinder. At the same time the o2 feeds the hell out of the charge further making a bigger bang!

I'm still learing about 2 strokes, but I can't imangine NO2 being very efficient in a 2 stoke like it would be in any 4 stoke.

I would love to see one run with NO2 thats for sure!

You pretty much nailed it with the explanation- rite on