Nitrous Oxide

When the carburetor is adjusted to run with the nitrous, without nitrous it would be so rich it would probably have a hard time running at all, I really have no idea though. I would find out price and hp gain and then we can show you hp gain and price of other mods

Nitrous Oxide (NOS)
Compressed oxygenated gas (stored is a cylinder) which is released on command into the engine ports to the engine to increase horsepower. At 570°F (~300°C), it splits into oxygen and nitrogen. Both increasing the cyclinder pressure and increasing the oxygen level. So the injection of nitrous oxide into an engine means that more oxygen is available during combustion and because you have more oxygen, you can also inject more fuel, allowing the same engine to produce more power. The Nitrous Oxide design can be adapted to work with any 2 or 4 stroke gasoline engine.

From wikipedia, read all of it!
Internal combustion engine[edit]
Main article: Nitrous oxide engine
In vehicle racing, nitrous oxide (often referred to as just "nitrous") allows the engine to burn more fuel by providing more oxygen than air alone, resulting in a more powerful combustion. The gas itself is not flammable at a low pressure/temperature, but it delivers more oxygen than atmospheric air by breaking down at elevated temperatures. Therefore, it is often mixed with another fuel that is easier to deflagrate.

Nitrous oxide is stored as a compressed liquid; the evaporation and expansion of liquid nitrous oxide in the intake manifold causes a large drop in intake charge temperature, resulting in a denser charge, further allowing more air/fuel mixture to enter the cylinder. Nitrous oxide is sometimes injected into (or prior to) the intake manifold, whereas other systems directly inject right before the cylinder (direct port injection) to increase power.

The technique was used during World War II by Luftwaffe aircraft with the GM-1 system to boost the power output of aircraft engines. Originally meant to provide the Luftwaffe standard aircraft with superior high-altitude performance, technological considerations limited its use to extremely high altitudes. Accordingly, it was only used by specialized planes like high-altitude reconnaissance aircraft, high-speed bombers, and high-altitudeinterceptor aircraft.

One of the major problems of using nitrous oxide in a reciprocating engine is that it can produce enough power to damage or destroy the engine. Very large power increases are possible, and if the mechanical structure of the engine is not properly reinforced, the engine may be severely damaged or destroyed during this kind of operation. It is very important with nitrous oxide augmentation of internal combustion engines to maintain proper operating temperatures and fuel levels to prevent "pre-ignition",[12] or "detonation" (sometimes referred to as "knock"). Most problems that are associated with nitrous do not come from mechanical failure due to the power increases. Since nitrous allows a much denser charge into the cylinder it dramatically increases cylinder pressures. The increased pressure and temperature can cause problems such as melting the piston or valves. It may also crack or warp the piston or head and cause pre-ignition due to uneven heating.

Automotive-grade liquid nitrous oxide differs slightly from medical-grade nitrous oxide. A small amount of sulfur dioxide (SO
2) is added to prevent substance abuse.[13] Multiple washes through a base (such as sodium hydroxide) can remove this, decreasing the corrosive properties observed when SO
2 is further oxidised during combustion into sulfuric acid, making emissions cleaner.

Reactions: Rj in the dunes
the best mod bang for your buck is the head mod along with a good pipe.
@OConnor Racing this guy does it ..

my blasterr head.JPG

Reactions: Rj in the dunes
Nitrous Oxide (NOS)
Compressed oxygenated gas (stored is a cylinder) which is released on command into the engine ports to the engine to increase horsepower. At 570°F (~300°C), it splits into oxygen and nitrogen. Both increasing the cyclinder pressure and increasing the oxygen level. So the injection of nitrous oxide into an engine means that more oxygen is available during combustion and because you have more oxygen, you can also inject more fuel, allowing the same engine to produce more power. The Nitrous Oxide design can be adapted to work with any 2 or 4 stroke gasoline engine.

Yes so that is the reason for the gas tank pump and stuff so it will only give the needed gas when it needs it?

(Or nos button pushed) if there is no nos goin in the engine..
the pump will nOt add fuel.
idk guys i think ill wait till i get some other things done first lol.

like the body stripped snd painted, plastics done, chain and sprockets done carb jeted and clean.my altitude here is sitting at 7,000 feet lol, exhaust, oil change, air filter blah blah blah

thank you all for all the conversation and all the info you've given me I really appreciate it !

Reactions: speedyslyder
No problem keeps us informed, we'll be glad to help. Aftermarket pipe is a must, no matter what you do really

Hmmmm

New crank welded after trueing, new main brgs, new brgs for counter balance shaft, new gear, fresh bore, wiseco piston, porting, head mod, drag pipe, cr head studs, dual pingle fuel valve , probably dc conversion for selenoids and fuel pump, minimum +6 swing arm.

Go Pro mounted and aim at engine, running anytime the NOS is armed so we all can see when this mudder fugger blows into a bazillion pieces. Be cooler than the vid of a 6mil blowing the jug off in the dunes.

Reactions: Herpderplol