Nitrous Oxide

Ok gotcha and yes the spread is for low pressure the pump with that kit is a nos brand fuel pump designed for motorcycle and atv nitrous systems

So what brought ya back to blasterforum, i thought you were long gone for good,- nose in the air! :p

I can't keep up with you now! You must be going through mid life crisis, some guys buy harleys AWK get NOS! I:I

i'll post this again, just for slickers ..................

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the current draw of the pump provided at 12VDC (not 14.4)?

not sure im tryinmg to find the spec heres some info i did find

Fuel Pump, Low-Pressure, Electric, 18 gph, 5 1/2 psi, Each

These low-pressure fuel pumps are the same pumps used in NOS motorcycle and other "Power Sports" nitrous kits. They are high-flowing, low-pressure pumps that will support up to 200 HP. They feature a 5/16 in. inlet and outlet, and flow 18 gph at 4.0 psi.

Free Flow Rate --> 18 gph
Maximum Pressure (psi) --> 5 1/2
Inlet Size--> 5/16 in.
Inlet Quantity --> Single
Inlet Attachment --> Hose barb
Outlet Size --> 5/16 in.
Outlet Quantity --> Single
Outlet Attachment --> Hose barb
price--> 104.00

not sure im tryinmg to find the spec heres some info i did find

Fuel Pump, Low-Pressure, Electric, 18 gph, 5 1/2 psi, Each

These low-pressure fuel pumps are the same pumps used in NOS motorcycle and other "Power Sports" nitrous kits. They are high-flowing, low-pressure pumps that will support up to 200 HP. They feature a 5/16 in. inlet and outlet, and flow 18 gph at 4.0 psi.

Free Flow Rate --> 18 gph
Maximum Pressure (psi) --> 5 1/2
Inlet Size--> 5/16 in.
Inlet Quantity --> Single
Inlet Attachment --> Hose barb
Outlet Size --> 5/16 in.
Outlet Quantity --> Single
Outlet Attachment --> Hose barb
price--> 104.00

18 gph? :eek:

If that pump can't handle the back pressure it will have to be bypassed and pressure regulated or only "armed" a few seconds before the proposed nitrous "burn" and turned off IMMEDIATELY

18 gph? :eek:

If that pump can't handle the back pressure it will have to be bypassed and pressure regulated or only "armed" a few seconds before the proposed nitrous "burn" and turned off IMMEDIATELY
cmon seriously dude that pump can stay deadheaded for 5 min and still be fine and it doesnt need a bypass or nos would include one or are u saying u know more than mike thermos the found of nitrous oxide systems who has over 40 years of nitrous experience

cmon seriously dude that pump can stay deadheaded for 5 min and still be fine and it doesnt need a bypass or nos would include one or are u saying u know more than mike thermos the found of nitrous oxide systems who has over 40 years of nitrous experience

I am saying that no company in the world will provide anything they cannot make a profit on. Just because a company sells it doesn't means it's the best setup. Ever bought a Shamwow? They promise that sh*t can mop up the ocean!

hers a cfn 10 - 100 kit u see any bypass in there????????

0000305_300.jpg

I am saying that no company in the world will provide anything they cannot make a profit on. Just because a company sells it doesn't means it's the best setup. Ever bought a Shamwow? They promise that sh*t can mop up the ocean!

ok lets put it this way ive have personally used that particular pump and kit on at least 20 different sleds quads waverunners motorcycles u name it and never ever had a a fuel problem of the nature u are stating

hers a cfn 10 - 100 kit u see any bypass in there????????

0000305_300.jpg

You're still flashing up off the shelf available systems, not custom application. I cannot see how a plunger pump or axial flow turbine pump can run dead headed for any extended period of time without a bypass and be expected to live. I have a vacuum plunger mikuni DF52 weak sauce fuel pump and have it bypassed and pressure relieved....

ok lets put it this way ive have personally used that particular pump and kit on at least 20 different sleds quads waverunners motorcycles u name it and never ever had a a fuel problem of the nature u are stating

Ok, THAT'S more like it. You've used it in custom application and haven't had any trouble. That's one piece of information I cannot purchase out of a Summit racing catalog and the first useful testimonial.

Now how about the rest of the setup for those who don't know since you've used it in 20 different applications. Enlighten us as to how "Mike Thermos" might setup a nos fogged blaster.

Ok, THAT'S more like it. You've used it in custom application and haven't had any trouble. That's one piece of information I cannot purchase out of a Summit racing catalog and the first useful testimonial.

Now how about the rest of the setup for those who don't know since you've used it in 20 different applications. Enlighten us as to how "Mike Thermos" might setup a nos fogged blaster.

obviously he sells the same kit as cfn does so i would think u should be able to answer that question yourself???? heres a lil hint exactly the same way as i said on page 1 of this thread uve just been to busy trying to overengineer or reinvent the wheel to see that

You're still flashing up off the shelf available systems, not custom application. I cannot see how a plunger pump or axial flow turbine pump can run dead headed for any extended period of time without a bypass and be expected to live. I have a vacuum plunger mikuni DF52 weak sauce fuel pump and have it bypassed and pressure relieved....

whats custon about a blaster kit u buy a single cylinder pwc or motrorcycle kit and bolt it on 8-|