Newbie from MT

dtw92z28

Sep 24, 2013
Montana
Hey everyone, new member from MT wanting to join the good team. Had an 88 suzuki quadsport 230 traded straight across for a 97 blaster with a blown piston $600 later in parts and upgrades and I'm closer than ever to riding my new quad. I have initial spark but no spark following the first spark. Ran quite a few different ignition tests and singled out the stator. Looking at going with a Ricky stator high output with adjustable timing. Any thoughts on the stator choice? Also was wondering how I am able to message people and post in all the different forums. Help a newbie out. Have big plans for my blaster but need to get it running and riding first.

You need at least 3 posts before you can message people.

DO NOT get a Ricky stator or RM stator. I would go with OEM or ricks motorsports. Welcome to the best forum in the world I:I

Hi dtw92z28. My experience was after the 4th post the PM option magically appeared by clicking on the screen name. Cant help you on the stator. Been riding and wrenching on 2 stroke quads for 20 years and never had a stator go bad. Worst I had was a bad voltage regulator that kept blowing the headlights. Good luck!

ThAnks guys, I'm pretty phyched to get my Blasty goin its been a long process and had its ups and downs. Yeah we have a few good places to ride but our neighbors in Wyoming have some great places about an hour away. Hope to hit it before the snow flys but we shall see.... so your saying go with a stock stator not a high output with adjustable plate?

ThAnks guys, I'm pretty phyched to get my Blasty goin its been a long process and had its ups and downs. Yeah we have a few good places to ride but our neighbors in Wyoming have some great places about an hour away. Hope to hit it before the snow flys but we shall see.... so your saying go with a stock stator not a high output with adjustable plate?

It's not the type... It's the brand there cheaply made. Ask him about his! Just avoid them brand names a good Oem one will do u fine.