Newb 94 blaster resurrection

Hey everybody. Its been awhile, the site looks nice. Sorry to read about durby, seemed like a real good guy. So I finally got some warm temps and made some progress. I lightly sanded my frame down and hit it with a light coat of black to cover the botched clear coat and then hit it again with 2 light coats of clear and it came out worse than last time. So disappointed, low humidity and temps around 60 this time and I had a heater running under it for 4+ hours before I started. Only thing I can figure is I'm getting to much overspray and that's causing the dusty look. Some of it wipes right off so I'm gonna let it cure and give it a bath and see what it looks like. Anyway here's some picks of my fenders. I didn't do a really thorough fine sanding because I wasn't worried about them being perfect, but I love how they turned out.
nlem8o.jpg

1218llc.jpg

51wq47.jpg

21enwuq.jpg

lookin good !
luv that color on the fenders, i have some parts on my black bike that color

Thanks guys. I've been waiting all winter to get something done. I'm hoping the frame comes out ok so I can start putting things back together. I can't wait. Still gotta get my motor off to KOR, but because of my budget I started making stuff to sell on Ebay, so I gotta get my funds up first.

you make things to sale on ebay, but aren't going to share with us ?
:)

Alright guys, finally got a roller.... well kinda its just thrown together most the bolts aren't torqued yet but I had to get my shop cleaned up so here's where its at.
1192edh.jpg

2iwa6hz.jpg

33u51xi.jpg

Just 2 things I got a problem with now, I'm missing one of my retainer clips for the rubber seal around the caliper and I'm not sure what position to put the cam levers on the front hubs. I was reading the book on installing and it says to put a mark before removal so you put em back in the same position. Woops shoulda read that before I disassembled. My ebay/KOR fund is getting up there so hopefully by the end of the month I'll be able to send my motor off. Also I'm not happy at all with my paint job, it comes off too easy. I used wire brushes in my drill press to clean up everything and thought between that and self-etching primer it would have better adhesion than sanding it but I guess not:(. Next time I would definitely just spend the money on PC

Oh and I'll be getting some shock covers in the near future, wish I had the money for some different shocks, and lots of other things but that's just not feasible for me right now. Tryin to buy my firsts pieces of land right now its about 2.5 acres all joined together from different people. With that and 3 kids and everyday life I won't be able to put much any extras on this thing :(

Its been a good month for me on ebay, I think I got enough to get my motor off to KOR. I'm excited!! Gotta call next week to find out what its all gonna cost me, and I already know shipping is gonna be a killer. It will be nice if I can actually have this thing ride ready when the kids get outta school:D

I've read this entire history and I have to say I'm impressed. Not so much with the build. But with your comments about your family and life. You certainly have your priorities in the correct order. I'm sure the quad will look great when your finished. But in the meantime enjoy that family. Lots of fun to come riding with the kids too.
Good luck man keep pushing ahead.

Reactions: ikilledcasey
Thanks. Sending my motor to KOR Monday! Gonna cost a pretty penny, but everything will be right and no worries out of it for a long time! Can't wait to get this thing finished!

I started a thread on it back then and put a link in it but it might be broken now because I changed my seller name, but heres a new one http://www.ebay.com/sch/smokymountainfinds/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from= that should get you there. The steampunk lamps and coat racks were what I was making back when I had some snow days. Only sold a few of them, but its not a big market just gotta wait for the right person. Those lamps aren't as easy as they look either

Oh and this is my favorite it turned out really cool took a few days of thinkin to get it figured out
IMG_20140204_155417.jpg

Its an old hand crank grinding wheel and an old faucet. The gear was from inside the box and the hand crank works a dimmer

Well good news. Kor is just finishing up my motor and I had a good weekend on EBAY sold these 2 guys I made:
IMG_20140218_194515.jpg
IMG_20140118_125818.jpg

So I'll be getting the rest of my parts and finally getting this thing together in the next couple weeks, when I can find the time. I had a question tho, I'm gonna get my carb cleaned up and get the tors delete cap on it. I was just wanting input on the needle clip and jetting. I've got lid removed, uni filter with outerwears cover, full fmf, premix 32:1, and Ken just bored it to 66.5, no porting or mods, just didn't have the cash :( My break-in period will mostly be around 3200 feet, but there maybe a trip or 2 to a nearby park at 2000 feet and a friends property (actually close to the park) which varies from 4000 to 5000. I figured I would go with a 290 for now and maybe go to 300 if I go to the park or do you think that's too rich?