new with my first quad.

getsum

Jul 9, 2012
I'm new to the forum and quads. I just got an 89 blaster from my brother and the engine is is many pieces so I might have a few questions.haha I look forward to gettin her running. Heres a few pics. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMAG0559.jpg
    IMAG0559.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMAG0548.jpg
    IMAG0548.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMAG0487.jpg
    IMAG0487.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 140
Thanks I've been creeping around this site for a few days and already found a lot of info I'm ganna need.
What year do you think it is?

hey bro, welcome to BF !
use the search button above for " vin decoder"
i think it's the 10th digit of the vin #, that tells you what year it is
the vin # is on the frame below the shifter side footpeg

Thanks for the welcome. I dono if be was being nice by giving this blaster to me as you can see it needs almost everything.lol

Welcome to the site , Great place here and allot of great people , Just watch out for certain people that are noted already ! , read allot and figure out what your budget is and what all you want done !

I have been learning a lot here already. My plans are just to get it running again. It looks like the bottom piston ring came out of its groove snaped a piece off and blew a few holes in the crank casing but the po had it welded back together and did I good job. So that's why the engine was in a million pieces. I'm ganna clean all the pieces in my parts washer and inspect them for damage then put in new bearing and seals then put it back together. After I get it running I might add some mods down the road. I just wanna ride.