new toy for me

honda374

Oct 13, 2010
ok so it's not a blaster or 2 stroke but it fits my style of riding. new leftover 2010 ktm 530exc. power is so smooth and perfect for these pa mountains. they are corked up a little from the factory but that will change once i desmog and rejet. gearing is way to high which will also be changed. other than that i'm ready for awk mountain lol
randon4-6-12010.jpg

randon4-6-12003.jpg

randon4-6-12007.jpg

50 tooth sprocket and jd jet kit for starters
randon4-6-12002.jpg

added hand guards before i took her out on the first ride
randon4-6-12005.jpg

my first 26 miles of easy pa mountain riding
randon4-6-12008.jpg

very nice bike bro, now get your azz up here for my ride this year !!!!

for sure awk!!! things just did'nt work out well last year with work. i love money but it's time to take a little breather this year man. looking forward to meeting all the peeps.

look for a thread on AWR IV coming soon, prolly gonna be the same weekend as last year....weekend after the 4th of july

put in a 73 mile mountain ride today. so far no complaints except the gearing, way too high for the pa mountains here. will be changing out shortly and getting the carb work done as well. factory pipe is way too quiet but i guess that's a small complaint i'm just used to hearing my other bike. the electric start is killer when your in a bad rut so thumbs up for that. factory turn signals are nice because if you lay the bike over they are designed to breakaway and you only need a small wrench to reinstall however the rear brakelight is too big for my liking. a new led version is on the way. the good thing is the rear fender light bracket and all turn signals are beyond easy to unplug and remove for awks mountain lol

Im not a 2 wheeler fan but that is a good looking ride. How do those dirt tires handle on pavement? I guess it would be hard to find some rubber that does good on both dirt and pavement?

knobbies are kind of sketchy at anything above sixty, but really bad around 70. if you plan on riding more pavement then a set of trials tires are killer. they work well in everything except mud as they pack up real quick. i try to stay off the interstate but they're ok for other roads. usually 2-3 rear tires per year but the front lasts all year depending on how you ride

a lot of guy's will buy spare rims/super moto tires to swap out easy. me i ride dirt mostly so that's not gonna happen. i have super moto wheels for my street legal crf450 so i'm not wasting money on the new bike just yet.

put in a 73 mile mountain ride today. so far no complaints except the gearing, way too high for the pa mountains here. will be changing out shortly and getting the carb work done as well. factory pipe is way too quiet but i guess that's a small complaint i'm just used to hearing my other bike. the electric start is killer when your in a bad rut so thumbs up for that. factory turn signals are nice because if you lay the bike over they are designed to breakaway and you only need a small wrench to reinstall however the rear brakelight is too big for my liking. a new led version is on the way. the good thing is the rear fender light bracket and all turn signals are beyond easy to unplug and remove for awks mountain lol

Dang thats a long ride. My thumb would be hurting after thats long.

haha yeah for sure,but 40 of those were really nice fire trails on state gamelands so it was'nt that bad

will try to post up pics tomorrow but i finally desmogged this biotch. my god what carb and epa does to vehicles is beyond me. i removed all the wasted vent lines,catch can,and perge tank. there is a bolt that had to be put in the side of the carb and another bolt inside of the head for block off. installed the jd jet kit, did the o-ring mod, installed the spacer in the accelerator pump and did the ktm xc-w pipe mod. got rid of the airplane gearing and put a 50 tooth on the rear. only put a few miles in but wow did it open the bike up. skid guard should be in soon and ready for awk's ride....

new skid plate from enduro engineering
bikepics7-20-12003.jpg

mini stalker led signals
bikepics7-20-12004.jpg

led tail/stop light and flush mount led signals from siccass racing(no wire cutting for ktm-plug and play)
bikepics7-20-12005.jpg

pirelli trials tire
bikepics7-20-12006.jpg

random shot of the bike-seats off because i keep a battery tender on it when not riding
bikepics7-20-12007.jpg

decided to get new boots-gaernes
bikepics7-20-12002.jpg