New to the Forum, and to ATV's. From Puerto Rico

Juancho

May 4, 2010
Hello! My name is Juan. I just got into ATV's 1 month ago, but it had been a childhood dream! Kind of a late bloomer at 26 though. . . I bought a BEAT UP 2002 blaster and LOVED it! Although it has given me a few headaches. Anyways, I hope to be able to use this forum to get my machine in good running condition and in SAFE operating conditions. I took pics of the fourtrack plus the trouble areas that I've seen.

Anyways, great forum! I've been reading up in it this past month until I decided to make some new friends here and have some fun on my new toy!

Thanks guys! I'm sure I need a LOT of help, my blasters' rear axle is a MESS/JOKE. Half of it is soldered. . so you can probably imagine the rest of the story. I'll problably start another thread about that and upload the pics later tonight, because the previous owner was a retard, and I want to do things right! :)

Thanks guys! I'm sure I need a LOT of help, my blasters' rear axle is a MESS/JOKE. Half of it is soldered. . so you can probably imagine the rest of the story. I'll problably start another thread about that and upload the pics later tonight, because the previous owner was a retard, and I want to do things right! :)

Welcome! Post a pic of that rear axle, :eek: sounds like a real hack job! lol.

Welcome to the site bro!!!

Start a new thread and let's get working on that blasty!!!

I am sure there will be someone here that can maybe even help with some sort of donor axle or at least we can steer you in the right direction for a cheap fix, or if ya have the $$$ we can go custom, etc but we will getcha up!! I:I

sdc10708.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I definitely don't know how to deal with image hosting sites. . . I'll try to upload a few more now!

holly sh*t man! did somone weld your axle on?!? if so i see a new swinger/axle comming your way soon. welcome to the site we will help you with anything you need on here

That's one way of insuring that axle doesn't come loose. Welcome aboard! If ya don't need to change bearings id leave it until the time comes.

Well I lifted the rear and the axle itself wobbled a little bit! I was grabbing the tires and there was a certain play in the axle, back and forth up and down, like if it wasn't entirely TIGHT within the casing where the bearings are. Is that a common thing or is it a bearings-gone-bad symptom? Problem is the right side hub is damaged, it spins freely, so I could've just soldered the right too, or do it right the first time and change the whole axle. What do you guys think?

Well I lifted the rear and the axle itself wobbled a little bit! I was grabbing the tires and there was a certain play in the axle, back and forth up and down, like if it wasn't entirely TIGHT within the casing where the bearings are. Is that a common thing or is it a bearings-gone-bad symptom? Problem is the right side hub is damaged, it spins freely, so I could've just soldered the right too, or do it right the first time and change the whole axle. What do you guys think?

doing it right will put alot less stress on your chain and sprocket. if you have the money do it right if not you can prolbally get away with welding MORE of that poor axle haha