New to site

89gmc

Nov 22, 2008
Hey Y'all.

Been riding dirtbikes all my life, got into quads in '06. I built my blaster on a budget, from the frame up. After getting the quad running absolutely perfect, it blew out a swingarm bearing, and the side to side play of the swingarm let the chain hop off the sprocket. This resulted in the chain punching a hole in the bottom end. With the quad inoperable, I lost interest for a little while. After a long time with no money to fix the issue, I'm back on the project of rebuilding the motor.

Just for ----- and giggles here's a couple pictures of when it was completed on a budget frame up build. (Taken last year)

DSC00915.JPG

DSC00933.JPG

DSC00931_2_.JPG

Cases

I've got 2 parts motors...so between the two I've got a set of good cases. No need for JB weld.

if your going to use mismatched cases, make sure the decks line up on them. i had to replace one of my cases and had to have the deck shaved .040 to get them to line up. good luck with your rebuild and welcome to the forum

I work at a machine shop, so if they don't match up I'll be able to machine them.

Its been a long time since the quad has been running and I'm getting the itch to get it running again.I:I

If I was home I'd take some pictures of the cases......the left side has a baseball size hole in it from the chain. The force of the chain even bent the shift shaft that goes through the left case to the right.

On top of that, the top end was less than 5 months old, and clutches had about 20 hours ride time. I was pissed!