new ( to me ) yz 125

went out in the garage and cleaned the bike up a lil, slowly workin on takin the #'s off, got the front done finally, heres some pics, crappy cell pics, but still more pics, lol, bad lighting too, sorry

Photo-0061.jpg

my pro taper cr hi bend bars :D
Photo-0060.jpg

Photo-0056.jpg

cleaaan engine
Photo-0055.jpg

Photo-0054.jpg

pretty cool I had a yz250 once. you could lift the front wheel off the ground with out hardly cracking the throttle. sh*t my dad rode it once he weighs arround 215-230 ish he had it in 3rd and he had to sit on top of the gas tank. It was almost a straight up and down wheelie at arround 70mph for like 200 feet lol sadly my mild manered KX125 dident do that.

one thing i'v noticed right away, is this little 125 runs nice and cool, never gets hot as my blaster did, the liquid cooling is soo nice, lol...

The problem I have with bikes is that the larger CC ones are to tall for my liking. I'm under 6 ft.

yah, that gets to be a problem, i'm 6'1-2" so i have no problem gettin on these larger bike..

update: got the new sprocket on, changed the coolant and put the new brake lever on, gonna change the oil and get some gas tomoro and take it for a ride, check the fluids again, then i'll be good to go :D

alright, gonna start a lil debate about 2 stroke oils, i have always run yamalube 2r, no problems, i'v been looking into other oils such as amsoil dominator, klots super techniplate and maxima 927 or formula k2, anyone have any opinions or input, i actually got a deal on a quart of dominator and i like it, so any input on that...

yah, that gets to be a problem, i'm 6'1-2" so i have no problem gettin on these larger bike..

update: got the new sprocket on, changed the coolant and put the new brake lever on, gonna change the oil and get some gas tomoro and take it for a ride, check the fluids again, then i'll be good to go :D

I was on my toes with my 91 CR250R holding it strait up. It was a biotch to kick start being that tall and having that short peg for your foot.