New to Forum. Just bought a Blaster!

Yeah I haven't rode it yet but I kno I will need to adjust the chain. But how is the clutch lever on the wrong side? My Rappy and R1 both have there clutch on the left side too...

from the pic it looks like the BRAKE perch got used on the left.. and the CLUTCH perch is on the right.. the LINES may be on the correct side but the LEVER PERCH'S themselves seem to be flipped... never seen one like that before... MAYBE its different for 88-89's.. could be that way for the e-brake then yamaha figured out that it was a bad design and changed it for 90+ models... ?... anyway nice Yamaha collection.

looks like it has 03+ lever set, the e-brake lock was moved to that side and only worked with the clutch pulled in.
if that was the 88-02 brake lever on the wrong side, the e-brake lock would be on the bottom/upside down...........
i used one once in an emergency and thats how it was when flipped, underneath ???

Last edited:
Nice rides, dude! That blaster looks like an ugly betty compared to your other 2 deals :eek:......but you can easily sexy that thang up in no time.

looks like it has 03+ lever set, the e-brake lock was moved to that side and only worked with the clutch pulled in.
if that was the 88-02 brake lever on the wrong side, the e-brake lock would be on the bottom/upside down...........
i used one once in an emergency and thats how it was when flipped, underneath ???

So you think its a 03+ clutch lever then? Must be because thats when they switched to hydro brakes and couldn't make the parking brake work with that set up. Im thinking of just removing the parking brake. I removed it on my rappy and has been better ever since. Ill prolly upgrade to new perches too.

Nice rides, dude! That blaster looks like an ugly betty compared to your other 2 deals :eek:......but you can easily sexy that thang up in no time.

Thinking the same thing bro.... But trust me its getting a new makeover. Im thinking on a white, silver, black paint job. White fenders, silver gas tank, silver maier vented hood, silver main frame, black a-arms and swing. Blacks graphics of some sort.