new style blaster wiring, tors delete.

2strokesmoke

Jul 13, 2009
scotland
ok so ive just gone through this and it was a bit messy even with a diagram. i removed everything from my wiring loom leaving only the wiring required to run, ie no lights tors etc. do this at your own risk, this is what i did, im not advising you to take the wire cutters to your own quad although if you do it is your choice and hopefully this may help.

from stator to cdi.
white/red
green/white
black/red

from stator to ground. [frame]
black.

from cdi to ground. [frame]
black
yellow/black

from cdi to coil.
orange.

to kill switch.
black/white
remember to ground the other kill switch wire so when you push the kill switch it should in effect ground the black/white wire.

optional.
the yellow/red wire from the stator is used if you are running lights.
the green/yellow wire from the cdi is for a parking brake switch, if you dont want it dont connect it to anything, whatever you do DONT GROUND it, this will kill the ignition.

MAKE SURE ALL GROUNDS ARE CLEAN AND FREE OF RUST AND PAINT.

this is my setup and it starts and stops fine thats all im saying.

IMPORTANT!!!!!!! the yellow/black wire at you cdi unit is the tors wire. the tors system cuts ignition by OPENING the circuit to ground on this wire. there fore in order for the bike to run you MUST GROUND this wire. the strange thing is you WILL still have a spark dont ask me why but it seems to have no energy behind it, i mean to say although you have a spark it is weak and the bike will not run. again this is what i have done.
just thought id do a quick write up as there wasnt much info on this for newer style bikes with the cdi and tors in one unit and the info i read was wrong, at least it was on my bike.

thanks to brandoz28 for his help with my wiring problems.

well dont get me wrong im no expert, but all the wiring i used was ignition. your talking ancillaries. if you were using lights etc you would use the yellow/red. i would use this wire but i would buy a regulator/rectifier and swap that for the stock regulator, if your going to be charging a battery there maybe someone else on here with better info than me on that one though.
personaly i would invest in a baseball bat and a heavy chain, chain it to the drain pipe, if you hear the chain moving at night get the bat out.

nice tip about the baseball bat, but my garage is in another city.. so if they're messing around with it i wont be able to bash his **** in unfortunatly..

i think i'll leave the stock wiring in then..

Thanks anyways!