New Pipe Cleaned with foil.

I have looked on ebay and found nothing. I received the head pipe and silencer power core 2. I was told to put the flange on and use original hardware to mount up new pipe with the new flange. The stock pipe does not have a spring on it. What would you guys suggest I was hoping to mount this up in the morning. I am now wondering if I am missing anything else.
Go to ...FMFracing .com I just checked there , look under accessories they show spring kits there.

Here is the flange I got with the pipe. I don't even see where you would hook a spring to it

You guys are also talking about a O Ring is that something I need also?

There should be some holes on the cooling fins of the engine up front, you hook the springs there for FMF

Most other designs have the spring from header to flange

There is a gasket that goes between the jug and flange its prob still in your jug and you can use some copper rtv to help seal both joints

There you go. Why not just weld/or have a loop welded on your flange. Then go to an exhaust or motorcycle accesory/spare shop, and pick up a spring... no biggie...

Also, get the proper exhaust gasket (ring), sometimes after removing the flange, it just wont seat that well again and start leaking spooge all over the place "YUK". As the gaskets get old, the carbon keeps it sealed off well, when that get a disturbed, you might get a leak. The last thing you want is ANY leak in the exhaust system!!!!!

Attachments

• 20131209_201749-1.jpg
    20131209_201749-1.jpg
    844.9 KB · Views: 221
Ok just got off the phone with local shop. The service tech said that I would want to put on a new gasket but do not need a spring. He said since the flange is bolt on with the two studs from the head just like the stock the spring is not needed. Just a new gasket and I should be good to go? He said the pipe my be designed for different bikes like fit a dirt bike that requires a spring. Now I am really confused spring or no spring.

Well, in this case the tech is wrong (again). You must use springs as that is how your pipe is designed. Very few 2s pipes are solid mounted, which is why stock pipes often crack.
My Fat Bastard has tabs right on the stud holes.

Ok just got off the phone with a very nice and helpful gentleman from FMF. The pipe does take a spring it is a standard 55 mm exhaust spring. This spring is not required due to having the two mounting studs for the flange. They recommend using the spring to hold things tight incase one of the bolts back out. It helps prevent leaks.

The flange is bolted to the cylinder.

The pipe is a slip on fit over the flange, you need the spring to make it seal and to stop it falling off.

Last edited: