new member with a couple questions

For testing..

Two screws is all you need to remove the pump. Take it off and put the cover back on. The shaft will still turn but it's sealed and nothing else in there. Put the block off on when you can.

I'd try to run down the problem first and then order ALL the parts.

Just my method

A

Hi everyone
i got a blaster from my cousin last weekend. it was "locked up" but i got it all freed up and everything looks good. i have a couple questions

1) the carb on the blaster was bought off ebay and never installed. the oil injection fitting on the carb was plugged with a vaccuum line cap. i tried getting the quad to start with the oil injection off and by using pre mixed gas. the thing sputters and dies and backfires alot. will it work better if i use the oil injection and non mixed gas?

2)what are some basic carb settings to start from to tune the carb? idle screw? air screw?

3)i read you can use 10W-30 in the transmission. will motorcraft 10W-30 work? its a partially synthetic oil

thanks for the help in advance and i am hoping to learn alot from the forum.

thanks
ben

Here is the service specs for the fuel system on the Blaster:

Attachments

• Fuel system.jpg
    Fuel system.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 115
thanks cyperhtext69....that is pretty helpful. i guess i will go get some premium gas and then take the oil pump out and try it. the carb is already blocked off.

I am like Oldfart1stATV...since i got the fourwheeler for free i want to make sure the thing is going to run ok before i sink alot of money into it.