New Member Here a Few Questions

004blasty

Jan 29, 2014
Illinois USA
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions here. So I was looking around for a little while and decided that I want to get my blaster ported by flotek (probably a trail port) most likely this summer. I would rather do this than get the Vito's 240 big bore, (I may do this in the future once i have the money). Now my for my questions I have

1. What would be a good carb to get with the port?
2. What would be an all around good pipe for trail riding, that is not really expensive?
3.With this much power is an extended front wheel base important, or could I live without it?
4. Finally What top speed would I looking at with K&N, Outerwears cover, new pipe, 20 inch rear kenda klaws, 14/40, new carb, and the new port job?

Happy to finally be a member of these fourms! I:I

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions here. So I was looking around for a little while and decided that I want to get my blaster ported by flotek (probably a trail port) most likely this summer. I would rather do this than get the Vito's 240 big bore, (I may do this in the future once i have the money). Now my for my questions I have

1. What would be a good carb to get with the port?
2. What would be an all around good pipe for trail riding, that is not really expensive?
3.With this much power is an extended front wheel base important, or could I live without it?
4. Finally What top speed would I looking at with K&N, Outerwears cover, new pipe, 20 inch rear kenda klaws, 14/40, new carb, and the new port job?

Happy to finally be a member of these fourms! I:I

Forgot to mention that I will also be getting new reeds.

1. Stock carb will do.
2. I love DMC Alien but others will tell of other pipes.
3. Recommended to have wider stance. If you ride wildly you will possibly live longer with it.:D:D:DI:I
4. Gearing Calculator

Reeds should make no difference other than a crisper throttle.

I live in northern IL right next to Lake Michigan. I haven't looked at other options yet, I just saw that Flotek got really good reviews on this forum. You can ship to flotek right?

On the website it says $40-80 for head work. And $150 per cylinder in most cases.

http://flotekperformance.com/services

Last edited:
i'm just picked up my blaster not to long ago. i was going to use flotek but im going with ken. trail port with re-chambered head v-force 3 reeds trinity/ct full exhaust oko 30 mil carb from carb parts warehouse cfm airbox uni airfilter plus a 3mil crank

i'm just picked up my blaster not to long ago. i was going to use flotek but im going with ken. trail port with re-chambered head v-force 3 reeds trinity/ct full exhaust oko 30 mil carb from carb parts warehouse cfm airbox uni airfilter plus a 3mil crank

Yeah I'm considering ken he seems like a really good guy. Also good prices. :D

I agree with blaaster and stick with the stock carb, unless you go for a very wild port and bore. I suggest wider took, flip front wheels as a minimum, and spacers rear.
I did a 4" swinger extension, mainly to keep the front on the ground! ,but it looks better too.
Can't recomend pipe as I have a local custom setup, but pipe is a must for a port job.

I agree with blaaster and stick with the stock carb, unless you go for a very wild port and bore. I suggest wider took, flip front wheels as a minimum, and spacers rear.
I did a 4" swinger extension, mainly to keep the front on the ground! ,but it looks better too.
Can't recomend pipe as I have a local custom setup, but pipe is a must for a port job.

I'm just wondering what the advantage to a stock carb is? Money? Also I don't think I can flip my front wheels because I have an 04.

Typically the stock carb is easier to jet and is more than sufficient for most worked motors.
If you got a big bore kit or drag..yeah change the carb. Anything over a 28mm you would have to run different size or custom boots. also too big of a carb and you will lose bottom end. and you are correct...you cant flip them on the 04 unless you get shorter valve stems or wheel studs.

Last edited:
Typically the stock carb is easier to jet and is more than sufficient for most worked motors.
If you got a big bore kit or drag..yeah change the carb. Anything over a 28mm you would have to run different size or custom boots. also too big of a carb and you will lose bottom end. and you are correct...you cant flip them on the 04 unless you get shorter valve stems or wheel studs.

Yeah I don't want to change the carb if I don't have to.

I have one of my bikes done by flotek and pj 34 carb and she rips.. I just had ken do my ct 240 engine because he went through the whole thing top n bottom and plus 4 crank.. bad thing about flotek is you just send the cylinder and head.. to me the squish can't be set exact so they just cut the head on safe side.. but if you go with flotek you won't be disappointed but i would just send it to ken.. there all around $150 for port and $50 for head mod.. ken will get you right!! Only complaint I had with flotek was he sent me back a cylinder full of metal shavings but I was getting it bored afterwards..