new guy from maine.

gunner88

Mar 11, 2015
Maine
Hey thanks for add. I just bought a 2000 or so blaster for my girl friend. It needs some work wheel bearings, brake work, ball joints and a silencer. All in all not a bad deal(600$) starts second kick and is rather peppy. I don't know anything about blasters though so any help is much appreciated. What should I look into doing first besides what I already know is wrong. Thanks again

Welcome to the forum!

My sugegstion would be get it all corrected and safe, then go from there. Compression test, Leak down Test, a fresh plug, clean carb and air filter are a good place to start. See what size Jets are in the carb, and see if they fit what all you have done to the blaster. Jetting is confirmed with a plug chop. If you read up on here, you'll find out all about that stuff!

Welcome, all of that ^^^ should be done BEFORE riding it. Who knows what the previous owner has done, most of the time its not good lol. 2 strokes take a little work and care, but they are lots of fun. All the info you need is here, and any questions, we'll be glad to help!

"What should I look into doing first besides what I already know is wrong. Thanks again"

Leak test, compression test, change oil, clean air filter, check chain and sprockets and adjust chain if needed, check all bushings/ bearings, tie rods and ball joints, adjust and clean brakes if needed grease all fittings.etc. etc... Basically do a good once over and perform some maintenance. Surely do a comp test and leakdown test. A comp test will let you know where you stand on piston/ ring condition and a leakdown test can save you from engine failure in general.

Also read up on jetting and how to do a proper plug chop.