New guy from CA central coast

tpost01

Oct 13, 2010
Hey all, I bought my first quad last week and thought I would share it here.

I saw the add in CL for a 2004 Blaster for $880. After all was said and done, I walked away the proud owner of a rolling chassis and a box of parts for $370 and $120 in DMV fees.

I think I got a decent deal, but obviously, I am going to be putting quite a bit of work in on this. As it is a side project just to keep me busy, I am not in a real rush. It would be nice to have it out to Hollister Hills by May (red sticker season ends then). But if not, oh well.

As I have never owned a quad before, much less a Blaster, what are some of the worthwhile things to take care of while it is this far disassembled?

Also, in one of the pics -

Picasa Web Albums - Travis Post - quad pics

(I couldnt get the site to upload my pics and didnt feel like doing them one at a time to the tiny-pics place)

The interior of the case was rubbed and I am wondering whether or not to replace it.

I am looking to build this up as ultra-reliable and problem free, even at the expense of power. I have 3 quads (2 kids quads and this one) and 4 bikes to maintain...that is nearly a full time job.

Anyhow, I look forward to picking you all’s brains for good gouge as I start this project!
Thanks all

Travis

welcome aboard man you will find all the info on here you will need looks like you got a good foundation to build exactly what you want.... and im sure being on here what you want is gonna change a bit. I:II:I