New girl in town

Missy

Mar 8, 2009
Michigan
Hey hey all!
I'm glad I stumbled on this site you all seem pretty helpful! I bought my blasted new in 2002 and haven't done much to it. It kinda got put to the side for a few years while I worked on the 89' quadzilla. That was my baby! Completely re-done from the frame up everything custom painted. Purple frame with metalic flake and black/purple flip plastics with flames custom seat, trinity pipes lots of fun stuff!!! but in the end I couldn't keep it running and got tired of tearing it down after every ride just to sink more money into it :( My blaster however has never given me any trouble! The only issue I ever had was letting someone else ride it who had no clue on shifting and shattered the piston in about 15 minutes....poor baby. She's rebuilt now and sitting paitenly waiting for summer to break!

As for me I'm your run of the mill tomboy I love my quads and dirt!!! I also have an 06 gsxr 600 which I ride in the summer. I'm also a mild gear head :) I spent some time as a mechanic but at the risk of sounding girly I got tired of oil and tranny fluid in my hair. I have no problems putting boys in their place when they talk crap about being the best...so if you talk your junk to me be ready to prove it! Don't assume cuz I'm a girl I cant kick your ass and fix your junk when you blow it up. Hope to get to know y'all and happy trails!

Last edited:
Wow.... A female after my own heart! Welcome to the site. I am new as well and like you, excited about finding this site! I have a 2000 blaster I just purchased Last sunday and today I finally had it running well enough to take a lap or two on it!

P7040055.jpg

Thats early on in the process....

P8070101.jpg

Towards the end of the rebuild

Thanks! I'm pretty partial to them all, kido's included! They love anything with a motor too! Teach em young to build their own! Then let them go like hell :) Going through the pics I have like a ton of the zilla and not many of the blaster...poor thing. Oh well this summer is devoted to making it the sweetest thing out there....and finding super cute pink plastics for it.

Yup.....thats what happens when you powerslide over frozen ground. Eh I'll fix it one of these days. Those back tires are the ugliest damn things known to man. I hate them but at the moment they have tread and it works. If I remeber right those are tractor supply specials there baby!!! WoooHOOOO for half ass mods.