New from NY

What is your customers budget? There are some easy ways to double the hp of these motors.

not enough that he wants to have over 2g or more into it when he bought it for less at that point... what sucks is they could of bought a quad in better condition and had no issues if he initial spent the $

to answer above questions... I joined the blaster forum bc I work at a Automotive shop that turns away nothing!! esp in this economy.. idc bikes boat quads sh*t even a deli slicer if we can get the parts and fix it
if not a member of your forum I can not see any pictures... its the same on 600rr.net

and when did I state I have multiple race bikes??? I don't believe those word ever came outta my mouth or computer

so whats the best place to find stuff.. craigslist, ebay, FORUMS

so your right I wouldn't wait for me to get 300 posts either but its not my responsibility to pay forum support cost to ask pple who are into such machine for a simple bottom end...

clearly that's y I stated I would drive to meet into person to buy the goddamn thing bc I want my customer to back riding.. plus the information on here from what I have read about these engine bc I do my homework on any engine I get ready to rebuild seems to be very informative so why wouldn't it befit me to join

or pay the $10 and help out a website that helps many many people with blasters and other rides??

and get u access to the selling section??

now again with do all that vitos peroformance upgrades what reliability and ease of use do these machines take... yes I know it all about tunes but the customer is also a friend of mine who is not very mechanically inclined enough to keep f*cking with it

he want something he can turn key and ride without worrying about A/B/C... he was better off buying a 4 stroke but we r beyond that point already

or pay the $10 and help out a website that helps many many people with blasters and other rides??

and get u access to the selling section??

that mkes it sound like its all about money then to get to sell soemting and buy pass the whole requirement of whether or not someone is a good/bad guy.. esp if I paid the $10 now...

You don't need to spend 2K. We know the bottom end is going to be around 300 used or rebuilt. I would rebuild for the simple fact everything with be knew and you get a stroker crank.

Cost to double hp

Bottom end rebuild $300
Cylinder porting $175
Rechambered head $60
Bigger carb $85

For $600 bucks you will have a good running bike that is fresh.

Well what does he have for a pipe? Once you get it jetted it will be the same maintenance as a stock bike. Change the gear oil, clean air filter, change jets for summer/winter, leak test, and grease the fittings.

You don't need to spend 2K. We know the bottom end is going to be around 300 used or rebuilt. I would rebuild for the simple fact everything with be knew and you get a stroker crank.

Cost to double hp

Bottom end rebuild $300
Cylinder porting $175
Rechambered head $60
Bigger carb $85

For $600 bucks you will have a good running bike that is fresh.

very correct with pricing... but now figure in labor... hell be up in the ball park of a grand or more so cost of quad plus all the extra just to ride.. and that where I got my 2k mark

it was a completely stock 2000 blaster and when I say stock it had the factory tires on it... he rode it for idk 2 hours and blew it up

also that money is just what the engine need the quad needs a bunch of bearings replaced on suspension... all in all he bought a turd I am doing my best to help him get away with it running without going to crazy

sh*t if he wanted we could retro a shee motor into it... or even a tecate 2 storker buts it all about the all mighty dollar

he want something he can turn key and ride without worrying about A/B/C...

someone will always have to be adjusting the jetting for changing temps of these mid atlantic seasons

he was better off buying a 4 stroke but we r beyond that point already

I:I

that makes it sound like its all about money then to get to sell something and buy pass the whole requirement of whether or not someone is a good/bad guy.. esp if I paid the $10 now...

thats partially correct.
paying the $10 is a drop in the bucket for some of the scammers out there, but like you said, 99.9% of deals are done thru paypal which does offer some protection, especially if you don't skirt around the fees with someone you don't personally know

Send the bottom end to KOR, i believe his price is 200 for going through the entire bottom end, add parts, be around 450 then i figure, get the cylinder bored and a new piston be about 500 in the end.

Plus whatever you charge your friend for your time.... I may not be a shop, but we help friends work on stuff... If we charged our friend what a shop charges normal people, we would have a couple grand.... Not to mention his quad sitting in our shed for 4 months while we worked on the engine....

just for the record, that stock crank can be rebuilt for cheaper than
buying a new one (possibly chinese made)
Crankshaft rebuilds

best in the business, and pretty close to you.
worth a call tomorrow

as fas as parts I have a account with western not worried about buying quality stuff... he is very impatient and wants it back together sooner than later...

kinda why just looking to slam a bottom end in that I can verify ran... and then have the cylinder machined and slam in a .20 .40 over pistion and call it a day...

as far as charging I cant have it sitting at my shop for 4 months and do it at snail pace.. I have bills just like everyone else free work does not benefit me in anyway and I don't charge shop time but he even agrees my time is worth something not just a 6 pack and a sammich lol

2 week turnaround for the crank rebuild i linked above.

he better have a short skirt and heels on if he even tries to offer you a sammich :)

2 week turnaround for the crank rebuild i linked above.

he better have a short skirt and heels on if he even tries to offer you a sammich :)

ok... well ill give it a few days and see if I can find a decent bottom end and go from their.. I haven't even had time to split the case to see how bad the gouges really are maybe their not that bad where it would just need a rebuild and call it a day but idk will my buddy luck probably not

and lol I don't think anyone wants to see that image of him in a short skirt with heels holding a sammich lol

ok... well ill give it a few days and see if I can find a decent bottom end and go from their.. I haven't even had time to split the case to see how bad the gouges really are maybe their not that bad where it would just need a rebuild and call it a day but idk will my buddy luck probably not

and lol I don't think anyone wants to see that image of him in a short skirt with heels holding a sammich lol

It would add to your post count!

I know your in the business to make money, but I'd just be Leary about getting a used bottom end and putting a top end on it. If you have time, Split those cases and see how bad it really is in there. If it's just a matter of bearings, seals, and rebuilding a crankshaft, It will be done right the first time instead of in the middle of riding season on an ebay bottom end.

Its worth a shot just to see. That might save your customer $$$ in the long run. KOR does the crankshafts, He is a good Guy/Builder. That's where my whole top end is now. If you cant wait for the crank a Vito's +3 is a good option.

Here is Ken's video's on blaster rebuilding. he says alot of what to look for in there.
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/kor-engine-assembly-vids-no-crank-puller-needed-51169/

Just giving you my $0.02 trying to help ya.