New From alabama!

durakid

Dec 14, 2010
Alabama
Hey guys i am new here, im hoping to get a blaster in the next few weeks. im pretty new all around to fourwheelers. any advice or help would be great. the one im supposed to be getting has a bad motor. not sure what exactly is wrong i havent been able to look at it yet. Thanks!

welcome bro, and hell yeah, post us up links, pics, prices of whatever you plan to buy, and we'll steer you straight
this is the biggest, best motherload of blaster info and dudes anywhere !!!!

well im actually looking at one right now. its a 2000 model, the guy took off the entire exhaust and the swingarm, but it comes with an extra motor, im trading him a sound system and maybe a little cash. i figure the motor is worth at least 100 bucks right?

3n93m53lb5O05V65U2acfe4172303e31e1398.jpg

im trying, someone else is trying to trade him a running fourwheeler and hes backin out on me. i cant freakin find one of these!

oh yeah i plan to work on it myself. just tryin to get into one as cheap as possible that way i can sink money into it and not worry.

well the guy im lookin at buying this bike from just called and said he has been tryin to crank the quad, and it doesnt have any exhaust whatsoever. i told him to quit messing with trying to crank it you'll hurt it running it without the exhaust, being a 2stroke. he told me it was a 4 stroke and i said no they didnt make blasters 4 stroke, he told me it was a 250f and was a 4 stroke? i told him to just stop messing with it or i wasnt going to buy it. is there anyway this dude is a 4 stroke?

There are some peaple who do engine swaps but judging by the pics you provided its a 200 2 stroke motor the stocker that came on the quad. And your less likely to damage the motor from back pressure on a two stroke without an exhaust vs the foustroke because there are no valves its common to warp a valve on a fourstroke like this but its still not good for the two stroke engine. anymore questions feel free to ask..

I'd move on to buying something else.....like a totally stock blaster ridden by a chick. I believe if a deal goes smooth then it's meant to be and I'll pull the trigger. If you have to mess around with an idiot that doesn't know what he has and it causes you a bunch of frustration, then it wasn't meant to be and you don't know entirely what you're getting yourself into.

Just say'n....