New FMF Powercore 2 silencer?? Jetting??

she is taking silencer and to be honest. i have seen the inside of both the DG and the FMF there is little to no difference, but either will give you great sound over your stock silencer. now if she was taking head pipe then that would be a whole other ball game. i will let the cat out of the bag and say that i right now am running a DG exhaust but my bike is pretty much stock and i bought the pipes dirt cheap. to me it was an upgrade from the stock exhaust in weight and sound as far as power goes i honestly cant say because i was playing with a few things at the same time. i did have to rejet but i also removed my air lid, replaced the air filter with a better quality at the same time. IF your looking to buy NEW DONT buy DG for the money there is better out there but if there is a deal to be had on a DG system and you have a stock exhaust i would say get it. there is only so much your gonna get out of a stock bike anyway.

I dont think the rust is too bad, and I dont mind getting dirty so taking the time to get her polished up wont bother me. How come no sandblasting though? And if I did do that I could just have it done myself 88 save u the headache, I have a place that will do my rims for $25 a peice anyway so I could always take the pipe in with them, but Il prolly just clean her up myself, save some money, not worried about the time spent, I enjoyed making my quad look better anyway :)

I dont think the rust is too bad, and I dont mind getting dirty so taking the time to get her polished up wont bother me. How come no sandblasting though? And if I did do that I could just have it done myself 88 save u the headache, I have a place that will do my rims for $25 a peice anyway so I could always take the pipe in with them, but Il prolly just clean her up myself, save some money, not worried about the time spent, I enjoyed making my quad look better anyway :)

the sand blasting part was not what would be the expensive part. my friend has a sand blaster and would do it for free. the painting part is just the expensive part

Neon, thanks I am prolly gonna go with a brand new silencer but will prolly buy the pipe from 88, my bf would have been getting a whole new system, just picking up the silencer for now til I got more money for his pipe. Though I dont understand why remove the airfilter lid?? A few others have said the same, wont it get even more dirty like that?? Thats the black lid thing that screws down over the filter, correct? What exactly does it do and it wont ruin anything if it happens to get muddy, cuz I like getting muddy lol

Neon, thanks I am prolly gonna go with a brand new silencer but will prolly buy the pipe from 88, my bf would have been getting a whole new system, just picking up the silencer for now til I got more money for his pipe. Though I dont understand why remove the airfilter lid?? A few others have said the same, wont it get even more dirty like that?? Thats the black lid thing that screws down over the filter, correct? What exactly does it do and it wont ruin anything if it happens to get muddy, cuz I like getting muddy lol

it will not get really bad but a little more dirty. it increases air flow like crazy

it opens your filter and lets it breath there is no restriction then. your lid has a 1-2 inch hole in it that your bike is breathing though. so taking the lid off opens it up. by the way if you cant clean the pipe just scuff it up and get some black BBQ paint i have used this with very good results. your tougher then engine paint, cheaper then powder coat and it does last a long time. by the time you get the pipe, sand blast it and have it coated i bet you could have gotten a new pipe for pretty close to the same price. i do have an FMF pipe and silencer hanging in the garage but i just dont wanna play around with rejetting another pipe and having to do plug chops all over again. so for now i will sport my sh*tty DG exhaust hahah.I:I

i dont know what kinda "mudding" you do. but if you get mud under your seat ( lol that made me laugh sorry ) then i would not remove your lid. by the way black and red are the only 2 colors that fly ;)

Id shoot u the pic of it BlasterBuddy but Im not sure how.....

And the airflow increase makes it faster?

increasing air flow and exhaust is good for any engine. its like trying to breath though a towel then try to breath though a shirt the less restriction the easier it is to breath. you might unleash a few more HP and you would have to re-jet. but remember your still dealing with a stock bike so you will only get so much out of her no matter how hard your try

if you really want a good combo get a pipe, air box lid removal, and reeds(which you can win some in my contest call Get out and ride ) that would get you some good power and throttle response going for a stock motor

Ok so 88 is hooking me up with that header, so now after I get the powercore 2, I will need to rejet right? Prolly wont remove the airlid til I can afford the proper air filter to use though. How exactly do I kjo what the right jets are? And since my engine is stock what size jets are in it now? Like I said its only bored .10 over from the dealership, so would they have put bigger jets in??

Neon, black and red work perfect for me thats what my blaster is :) will prolly go black if I paint it though, it will match my nerf bars and my insert for my bumper :)

Ok so 88 is hooking me up with that header, so now after I get the powercore 2, I will need to rejet right? Prolly wont remove the airlid til I can afford the proper air filter to use though. How exactly do I kjo what the right jets are? And since my engine is stock what size jets are in it now? Like I said its only bored .10 over from the dealership, so would they have put bigger jets in??

no rejetting for overboring, it adds next to nothing to performance, although it may feel like it, thats just the new piston and rings restoring the original compression

to rejet for any change in airflow, into or out of the motor (intake or exhaust) you need to do plug chops to know exactly what jet is correct, but luckily most of us have been thru alot of these different chaqnges and can get you close, most fmf pipes are in the 270 range, but we usually suggest starting bigger, like 300, and working down, till it feels good and the plug chop reads correct

here ya go, read, read, and re-read.....................
http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-plug-chop-38674/

plug chops are a must. even know your setup might be the same as someones on the board every bike is different. be per paired to cut up about 20$ worth of new plugs before you get jetted right ;)