New FMF Powercore 2 silencer?? Jetting??

Sonia_69

Jun 6, 2011
Iowa
So Im looking to buy a FMF powercore 2 silencer, and was wondering if I only bought the silencer and not the header pipe yet (cuz I cant really afford both at the moment) would I need to rejetted or anything like that to my carb to run my new silencer?? Also same question for a DG silencer, my boyfriend is getting one of those....... He likes DG but I read some bad reviews so I figured I wouldnt go that route, opinions in preference and can anybody shine some light on the whole jetting thing??

Thanks!!!

toomey makes a great head pipe. well actually whole kit for the blaster. FMF head pipes will also be great for mainly stock bikes. if you are planing to major engine work i would recommend a CPI, F7, or a dynoport or lrd. but yeah stay away from DG lol

Lol ok thanks, maybe I should inform my BF about all the bad reviews so he doesnt waste my money lol and sweet so all Il have to do is switch them out, and il be ready to ride? Does the silencer give it more power and a better sound though??

Mufflers can change the flow out of the exhaust. I'd just check plug chops to make sure about the jetting is still ok.
Plug chop is best done on a fresh plug after motor is warmed up. wide open throttle in 5th or sixth gear for a few seconds. Be sure to kill the motor and pull clutch in with it pinned WOT (wide open throttle) to get the best possible reading on the plug.
there are good guides if you do a search about plug chops if you need more info.

I personally don't like DG's or FMF's but if you need a low dollar upgrade FMF is definately the way to go. DG sucks royal poop. lol It doesn't even look decent in my opinion. lol But FMF looks and sounds decent. In the future I would recommend a right bend if you do any big motor work.

Pm me a pic of it 88, and you by chance find a box for those tires?

And yea I think Im gonna have to tell my BF no way on the DG pipes! Lol As for my motor its stock though its been bored .10 when its was rebuilt by the dealership I got it from, not sure if Il do anything to it for awhile, would just like to do minor upgrades for now and just ride the f*ck out of it lol Will prolly do all the building during the winter when I wont wanna freeze my ass off riding! My boyfriend has a stock motor also, and he wont be able to do much to it cuz he will be away for 6 months in a couple weeks.

Hey BlasterBuddy could u send me a link to that thread you were talking about if you have it??? Thanks

Alright Sonia its real simple, and goes like this.
Tell your worse half to NOT waster your money on the DG ish, wether silencer, head pipe, etc, just don't bother with it.

As far as your question, you are totally safe with swapping the PowerCore silencer without jetting, no need. And Not really, you will not see much performance gains while running your stock head pipe, with the new FMF PowerCore silencer, maybe a small bit, but that is a big silencer so not much gain... Little bit of sound WOW but thats about the most wow. I would suggest hittin' 88 up for the GOLD head pipe, that will make a real nice combo for upgrade, in your situation(mainly stock) and provide a nice clean crisp sound and a very noticeable decent power upgrade on the lows and mids, really wake up your blastee. Jetting will call for about a 240 main, in your stock carb, depending on your geographical region, elevation, etc. Even better remove your airbox lid, run a UNI filter, a little more aggressive on the jetting(250 - 260) then you will see some real nice gains.

Any questions just ask, and keep learnin' that boy toy of yours, he could learn a few things from ya!!! I:I

Also, as an FYI, any price around $75-$100 shipped should be a great deal for that GOLD FMF header from 88, have at it!!!

Last edited:
just ride the f**ck out of it .

in my best beavis and butthead impression............

he, hehe hehehehehehee
she said...... "ride the fug out of it",
he hehe hehehe

2zxw0ft.jpg

Last edited:
Lol Thanks Tech! Thats helps alot!!! An yes I made it quite clear to my bf that no way in hell was he getting a DG exhaust AT ALL!!! Lol An yea Im hoping 88 pipe is nice, il prolly snag that, waiting for him to send me some tires anyway, mite as well have it all sent at once lol

Awk lmfao Im a huge fan of beavis and butthead lol

Thanks for that link KroniK!!!!!

You guys on here are awesome, by the way :) thanks so much

Lol Thanks Tech! Thats helps alot!!! An yes I made it quite clear to my bf that no way in hell was he getting a DG exhaust AT ALL!!! Lol An yea Im hoping 88 pipe is nice, il prolly snag that, waiting for him to send me some tires anyway, mite as well have it all sent at once lol

Awk lmfao Im a huge fan of beavis and butthead lol

Thanks for that link KroniK!!!!!

You guys on here are awesome, by the way :) thanks so much

i can hook you up with a pic right now but its going to look rusty. me and xkron have been trying to get it cleaned

If u cant get it cleaned, what are the chances i could have it sandblasted and powder painted? Would it be ok like that, the paint will withstand the heat? An would it affect the pipes performance an what not???

If u cant get it cleaned, what are the chances i could have it sandblasted and powder painted? Would it be ok like that, the paint will withstand the heat? An would it affect the pipes performance an what not???

i wouldnt sandblast it, just depends how much rust there is, id take the rust off anyways, i would use a heavier grain sand paper, get it town to the chrome, then steel wool and chrome polish and some time and it should shine it back up

i could probably get it sand blasted and panted if you wanted it would cost more because i would have o buy paint or pay to get it powder coated