New engine

NoFearMx19

Jan 17, 2014
North Georgia
So I have completely trashed my motor. I contacted Ken O'conner with a total rebuild price. $600-800 shipped Is what he told me. That seem reasonable enough. I was just wondering if any of you guys have a decent motor I could purchase in the mean time. :-/

Try craigslist for a cheap blaster, sometimes you can find a running one that just needs a little work. engines arnt cheap, even for stock ones

Oh believe me, I stay on craigslist. There's nothing near by worth looking at really. I guess I'll be waiting on the income taxes to send mine to Ken O'conner. At least that way I won't be getting someone else's mess, but rather a solid professionally built trail demon. It never hurts to ask though!

Oh believe me, I stay on craigslist. There's nothing near by worth looking at really. I guess I'll be waiting on the income taxes to send mine to Ken O'conner. At least that way I won't be getting someone else's mess, but rather a solid professionally built trail demon. It never hurts to ask though!

I agree with getting someone elses mess. You are best off to have it rebuilt and enjoy it instead of getting someone elses basket case.

I agree with getting someone elses mess. You are best off to have it rebuilt and enjoy it instead of getting someone elses basket case.

Good advise :)
, But if you can talk to the person selling the motor and see the insides you might get lucky.
I just got a 04 complete built motor on E-Bay that a well known dealer / shop had just finished for a good customer . The guy totaled the front end 2 weeks later and the shop sold the good parts for him. He had to buy a new ATV,his loss was my gain with a simple call ,shipping included !$500

Wow rich1, you got lucky man. I don't think I could build one with used parts for that price!
And yes, dualstroke, I am just going to have to save some more and send what's left of mine to ken. At least I'll know it's a solid engine. In the meantime however, a decent used motor would suffice . If anyone has a decent running engine for a fair price, I may be interested.

Instead of throwing a few Hundred $$$ at a cheap used motor, spend that $$$ on some good shocks.

It will pay off to wait for that motor to be done, and ride smoothly with some good suspension!

I agree. But I isn't so much about upgrading as it is,, I JUST WANT TO RIDE! A stock blasty has plenty of giddy-up for my trails and backyard track. Poor blaster looks pitiful in the shop with its heart cut out.. I did already pull the engine. As soon as I figure out how, I'll post pics of the engine carnage.