New carb or T.O.R.S delete?

darnizzle8805

Jan 12, 2012
Denton, MD
I have a 2003 Blaster, I am told it has a 240 big bore sleeve, but I have yet to verify this. I know it has VF3's, FMF pipe and silencer, and is jetted correctly with the stock carb. The bike is very fast, but I haven't been able to verify if it has a 240 kit or not.

I was browsing looking for new mods (ie: T.O.R.S delete) and in a thread about 3 months ago, AWK posted a link to a 30mm OKO carb. I am wondering should I buy the T.O.R.S delete kit, Keihin 28mm carb, 30mm oko, or some other pwk carb? Also what do I do about the throttle cable if buying a new or used aftermarket carb?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
hi mate i just purchased a tors delete kit and they work a charm :) mines is all stock airbox fits perfect etc alot easier than tors !

Just go with the TORS Delete you'll spend less money and get way more power than that 30mm carb... i promise that

Just go with the TORS Delete you'll spend less money and get way more power than that 30mm carb... i promise that

Deleting the TORS provides absolutly no power gain.

A 30mm carb or bigger, should wake up the BBK, especially if you get it ported.

I have a 2003 Blaster, I am told it has a 240 big bore sleeve, but I have yet to verify this. I know it has VF3's, FMF pipe and silencer, and is jetted correctly with the stock carb..

It would be interesting to know how that carb of yours is jetted.

My coworker (guy I bought the blaster from) is a motorcycle/car mechanic. We are both techs at a Honda car dealership. I know nothing of jetting carbs. But I trust him 100% when he tells me it's jetted correctly. He bought it from a motorcycle dealership he used to work for. The story is, a customer came in wanting a bunch of work done to the Blaster. Then the guy never piocked it up, or ran out of money idk which. The owner of the motorcycle shop told my coworker the deal and he bought it. They told him it had a 240 sleeve. I have no way to tell, I am not going to pull apart an awesomely running bike to verify. It will wheelie in first through third, maybe fourth without so little as yanking the bars, but I dont have the space or flat ground to keep sh*ttin' & gittin' after shifting to third. The bike is no doubt very quick but I want to pull out more power.

I have been trying to race my buddy on his 05 z400 to see how I fare against it. I sort of feel like instead of a 240 kit it was bored .040" over. But whatever it may be I can pull the carb to see what the jetting is, but i don't want to pull it unless I have a new carb to install or have the tors elimination, because I dont want to do things twice. I am hoping you guys can help me decide. I am not new to riding just new to modifying bikes.

thats good that its been with people that knows what they are doing :) but the tors eliminator kit won't give you extra power or you won't loose power all it does is stop giving you alot of bother with carb and it revving. thats why im getting one for mine as iv red alot of stories about it! but sounds like a beast of a machine mate :) you got any pictures?

Pulling the carb and looking at your different circuits and such isn't a big deal. I've pulled mine off at least 60 times in the last 3 weeks. The only way to know if you are jetted properly is to plug chop....probably cost you about $5 total (plug, electricity and fuel) and time.

I haven't had any problems from the tors system YET. just like I never had any trouble from the oil injection, but I removed it before it had the chance to screw up. I guess my new question would be 30mm OKO or some other name brand carb? and would I just need the tors removal throttle cable from motion Pro?

If you got a BBK & you want more power the oko30mm will work just fine...BUT you will get more with a bigger carb ie 32,34,35mm etc.. I have a ported stock stroke cylinder & I run a 34mm Keihin PJ. I went from the stock carb with the tors to the aftermarket carb & it made a world of difference. It depends on how much power you want, how much money you can spend, and of course your current mods or the ones you plan on getting in the future. Good luck with your build and welcome to the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
My stock carb leaks, and instead of cleaning it AND installing a tors elimination kit, I can just install a brand new and bigger carb for more performance. I think i'll take more performance over no performance increase and the possibility of my carb still being leaky.

ah :) no problem :D i might actually have to do that myself in couple of months as there is petrol leaking on mines and i think it is coming from carb how much is a aftermarket carb ?

I've seen the 30mm OKO carb going for $50u.s plus shipping. I am just lost on which say to go.

Having had an OKO 30 (and practically every other carburetor under the sun) I'd personally save my money on the OKO and buy a bigger, better carburetor. The Keihin 34PJ or PWK35 or a Mikuni TM34 (flat slide) is another fine choice if it is actually a big bore kit.

^^^^That's the cable choice for practically any aftermarket carburetor. Basically, they all use the same little "barrel" end inside the slide.

I've found a 34mm keihin pj. I placed a bid on it and hopefully I win it. Even if its not a 240, I won't have to buy a bigger carb later because I will have a great carb already.

Well I wont be able to buy the 35mm Airstryker I found. Someone found it and ran the bids up. I did however win this: Keihin 34mm PJ05A | eBay
I was looking up info on PJ carbs and I found out that its best for low to midrange power. I preferred a mid to top end PWK, but this should work find as most of the riding I do I am mostly in low to mid range anyway.
My Motion Pro throttle cable came in, I installed it last night after I cleaned my stock carb. I didnt order the idle kit because I dont have a problem with holding the throttle slightly to keep it running, and I just won a bigger carb that has idle adjustments.