New Blaster (back in the game)

nboldman

Feb 5, 2012
Kentland, Indiana
Well, $200 later and a 7 hour road trip, I finally made it home with the new blaster. Definitely going to need a top end. and a carb. Will need a good pipe and silencer and a new paint job. Plastics will be needed as well as these are pretty well shot. Other than that, all stock including a stock bore cylinder. Don't think it was to bad of a deal for $200 and some time.

all the time you are going to be putting into it,
you will appreciate it that much more:)
good price/that is a crazy long drive though lol

Sounds like a great pick up.

I got my 2 blasters for 200 as well cuz he was an old friend and tired of trying to fix them. One was locked up and the other he tried to "touch up" a cylinder that clearly needs at least a .040 bore to clean up and then wondered why it only ran for 5 minutes before it gave out lol. I'm just glad I could rescue them and give them the work and care they need.

Nice to also see a fellow Hoosier back on the forum. You probably aren't too far away from some nice dune riding.

I was down in Evansville a couple weeks ago picking up a truck. about an hour from the dunes. an hour from the badlands in Attica as well. And about 2 hours from my dad's where there's about 5 miles worth of trails.

holy orange lol. Looks like a nice project there. What year is it?

2002. Just like my old one!:)

and that orange is one of the first to go!

I was down in Evansville a couple weeks ago picking up a truck. about an hour from the dunes. an hour from the badlands in Attica as well. And about 2 hours from my dad's where there's about 5 miles worth of trails.

Sounds like you got a hell of a nice location for someone into atvs. Down here all we have are corn fields, backroads, trails if you know the right people, and the river bottoms. There is also a few tracks if you are willing to drive about 2 hours west or south but some nice stripper pits that I'd like to try about an hour east. I typically stick to the backroads, the woods, and some fair races.

But enjoy your project because it sure sounds like you will be enjoying the riding after.

Sounds like you got a hell of a nice location for someone into atvs. Down here all we have are corn fields, backroads, trails if you know the right people, and the river bottoms. There is also a few tracks if you are willing to drive about 2 hours west or south but some nice stripper pits that I'd like to try about an hour east. I typically stick to the backroads, the woods, and some fair races.

But enjoy your project because it sure sounds like you will be enjoying the riding after.

It's not to bad. We have the usual back roads. Couple of kids have a couple of homemade tracks out here. And then have some p property I can go out to

Well, bought the tools to start tear down on the motor, Ive made a lits of parts and still adding. The stars symbolize importance.

• Engine
    • Crankshaft (rebuild??)**

• Bottom end bearings**

• Crank puller**

• case puller**

• hex head case bolts**

• new top end**

• gaskets**

• flywheel puller**

• flywheel holder/clutch holder**

• carb**

• Frame

• Sand**

• Paint**

• Fix grab bar

• Buy bumper

• buy new grab bar

• Suspension

• 300ex rear shock

• 300ex bushings

• worx front shocks

• Rear and front hydro brakes

• Cosmetics

• New front fenders

• 03+ nose and headlight

• new rear fenders**

Well guys, believe I found the reason for detonation...motor was ran without oil. There is absolutly no oil in the bottom of the cases. Which even after draining it, there should be some residue.