New beater

blasterboy32

Jan 9, 2012
harrisburg, pennsylvania
picked up an 86 kx125 tonight. it needs a few things like rear sprocket, new fork seals soon and could use a new clutch lever. heres some pics of it. its dark but ill get better pics tomorrow. it was just rebuilt and has new reads and rebuilt rear shock. also has some other little mods. im gonna clean it tomorrow and put better pics up

IMG_4805.jpg

IMG544.jpg

IMG546.jpg

IMG547.jpg

IMG548.jpg

on a blaster does the jetting have to be changed for piston overbore?? oh yea and sweet kx i been lookin for one also!!!!

i know on a blaster for a bbk it has to be changed but a 240 kit on a blaster is adding a lot more volume than boring a kx125 60 over. i guess ill just do a plug chop whenever i get a chance and tha will tell me if whatever jetting is in it is sufficient.

Blaaster is right, overbores add some performance, but the main reason you have to do it is to keep the piston in-spec with the cylinder. No jetting required.

That bike looks exactly like mine. Im thinking about parting it out. Get some more pics up once you get it shined up. BTW my 36mm PWK that came with mine had a 152 main in it I believe. Im not sure what exhaust the guy had on it before I got it. I got it without a exhaust and havent messed with it yet.

is the 36 pwk the stock carb? if so ill check my jetting tomorrow while im working on getting it cleaned up. I got new sprockets for it todayso should be rideable this weekend.

Could anyone tell me exactly how to do a compression test on this. i borrowed a tester from a friend but he wasnt sure the right way to do it.
turn the fuel off then hold throttle wide open until the needle stops going up? is that right?

Didn't get much done on the kx today but did look it over better and started it up a few times. And ordered sprockets for it. I got some more pics of it but its still dirty.

Yeah I know my garage is a mess. Hopefully selling the warrior in the background tomorrow
IMG549.jpg

Here's pics of the old sprockets I can't believe someone rode it like this. The chain popped off three times just rolling it out of the truck LOL
IMG550.jpg

Yeah the front is missing 3 teeth hahaha
IMG551.jpg

I believe the 36PWK is the stock carb for the kx125. My 89 came with one and the 95 came with a 36PWK quad vent since a little higher output engine. On the compression test you were right on how to do it. Its pretty simple. Although I dont know how many PSI a 125 should get.

I love 80's bikes nice bike man!
P.S. you need to see my old sprocket It literally has been rode down to no teeth!

i dont know how someone rode them down as far as they did. just me rolling it out of the truck the chain came off 4 times.

wwholden i got the jetting figured out i just needed to know if that was the stock carb because its still at stock jetting which is good since its all stock. actually it has carbon fiber redds but it doesnt need rejetted for that does it?

Didn't get much done on the kx today but did look it over better and started it up a few times. And ordered sprockets for it.

I hope you ordered a new chain as well, if not your new sprockets will soon look like the old ones, if the chain does not break first.

Didn't get much done on the kx today but did look it over better and started it up a few times. And ordered sprockets for it. I got some more pics of it but its still dirty.

Yeah I know my garage is a mess. Hopefully selling the warrior in the background tomorrow
IMG549.jpg

Here's pics of the old sprockets I can't believe someone rode it like this. The chain popped off three times just rolling it out of the truck LOL
IMG550.jpg

Yeah the front is missing 3 teeth hahaha
IMG551.jpg

them sprockets are wayy gone and btw it hurts big time if the chain pops off and locks up the rear wheel the bike jackknifes and whater anyway glad you got some new sprockets those are messed up

Nothing wrong with the kawis i have an 89 kdx200 with KX500 plastics fitted to it.I like the kawis all but the sloped rear fenders not my thing.

I say you stuff this into your blaster.I know stock my kdx200 makes 37hp and i have all the bolt ons and usual mods so its over 40hp now easily.

That little 125 would make a blaster scream or also be very nice in a shifter cart i a 1/4 midget i did for a guy that used a 125cc older RM motor and it was bitching when i got done.Easily would do 4-5 gear burn outs.

Yeah I hate the sloped rear fender too. You say you fitted kx500 plastics to your kdx. I wonder if that will work for my 89 kx125?