NEW ATV DESICION HELP

KJsimz1102

May 29, 2008
Well im getting rida my blaster because i need something else and mine breaks alot,
so here are my choices
89 honda 250r, raced out
89 suzuki quadracer lt250 also some upgrades
95 warrior with alot of upgrades
anything else you guys think is good

Every atv is high maintnenced, its just the way you use things for what their for. I use my blaster to flat ground race with jumps, and I never broke or had a problem with anything, but if I used my blaster for like grizzly trails, id be brakin stuff....

u probally better off keeping your blaster and puting the money you would spend on another quad into it and make one nice machine.. thats what id probably do plus like they said there al high maintence and the 89s are going on 20 years old dont you think thats going to "break alot" like your blaster?

what about a 400 ex or if you want to stay smaller a 250 ex or 300 ex. honda makes good quads. like fmf racing blaster said, a 20 year old quad is not really worth it, unless it is rebuilt and has newer tires, etc. it really depends on where you ride and what u do with your quads.

jus go ta like craigslist.com or cycletrader.com and see if you can get one from there...newer models and you can get some steals...jus my 0.2 cents

I think you should try to figure out why your breaks so much and fix that. You have to fix it anyway in order to sell it anyway. If you're beating on it, then you'll want something alot newer than an '89. What year is your Blaster? How do you use it?

my 89's still got some kick in her. just a couple things here and there like the head studs helicoiled but she still runs nice. put some money into your blaster and it wont break. unless you ride like an idiot.

if you do sell out and want a durable machine that will last a while. go for the 400ex. lots of torque, good stock suspension, and not overly large. plus you get about 4 times further on a tank of gas vs the blaster.

if your only choices are those three, and nothing else, i'd say go with the Honda 250r but if you can vary your options some, i'd say deff. go with a 400ex if you're looking for something that doesn't break unless you're being an idiot... i have one that i have suspension upgrades and a descent pipe on, that i use for jumps and stuff and it has always been Great for that, and i run it hard as i do my blasters and my banshee and it hasn't died yet, and they have tons and tons of torque, the only thing that i don't really care for is the top speed is only like 64? or somethin like that.. but thats still halfway descent..

jus go ta like craigslist.com or cycletrader.com and see if you can get one from there...newer models and you can get some steals...jus my 0.2 cents

+1.

i found my 01 660r on craigslist. FMF phatty IV exhaust, jetted to match a cam upgrade. all i had to buy was a new battery and new wheels (it still had the origional tires). i stole it for $1900. my only concern is the classicly weak 2nd gear in the 01 tranny, but i use the clutch to shift at all times (ok maybe a half pull), make sure 2nd gear is engaged before i drop the hammer, and the parts to repair/upgrade it to 02+ specs are only $600 total if it comes down to it.

i also stole my blaster for $600, and my son's scrambler for $550, both found on craigslist.

of my raptor?

betsy.jpg

betsy-pipes.jpg

betsy-back.jpg

betsy-front.jpg