new at this and the blaster have a ?

Keith7183

Sep 15, 2011
utah
hey people i just got me a 2000 blaster and I absoulty love it this is the second ATV i ever owned but I was wondering does removeing the air lid make a differnce? i heard yes and no but no can tell me why if someone could help me out that would be sweet. and what aresum other low cost things besides the exhuast I can do to make it a little faster?

removing the lid will make it faster, by allowing more air to flow into the engine. You have to rejet your carb when you do this. Otherwise, you can and will blow your engine. Anytime you change airflow in or out of the engine, rejeting is needed.

right on Thanks I just put new reeds in they are boysin pro series so I just had to set the needle different is that the same thing as re jetting? sorry if that's a dumb question I do know a descent amount about mechiancs just on cars and trucks not so much ATV's but I'm learning LOL

Changing what level clip the needle is on does affect jetting. Nice to see you doin some tuning. Generally reeds dont require a rejet, but if it runs better, leave it. When doing the lid removal, you will need to remove your main jet and replace with a bigger one. Generall 1-2 sizes bigger will get you good on your jetting with no airbox lid. I would say a 240 or 250 main would be a good area to test.

Welcome to the Blaster Forum I:I.
Get yourself a Clymers manual, there is a good diagram showing what area of throttle opening affects which circut in carb. Might be a sticky on the forum with same info.

Check out my how to vids if you'd like a little more info. Ill be doing a full bottom end rebuild vid very soon. Welcome to the forum! Dont be shy with questions, do a quick search and if you cant find the info you are looking for then post away! :)