new 400ex shock!!!!

yzrider

Apr 12, 2009
northwest Indiana
just won it on ebay for $20.66, pretty good deal, + 10 dollar shipping, any instalation tips, and could anyone post the link to a good step bey step instalation instructions. i cannot wait to get it and put it on!!!!

what i did was drill the bottom mount of the ex shock to fit the stock blasty pin. then for the top instead o ftrying to fab some bushings i got a friend to weld the correct size nuts over the original blaster mounting holes that are too big then the correct size bolt for the ex shock bushing threads right in without any slop.

have a bushing made for the top of the shock... and if i rememeber right teh lower youi just slide the bolt through.. now with the 400ex shock you have to notch the airbox area of the plastic a little bit to clear the ressie..

have a bushing made for the top of the shock... and if i rememeber right teh lower youi just slide the bolt through.. now with the 400ex shock you have to notch the airbox area of the plastic a little bit to clear the ressie..

he will need to drill the bottom hole to the correct size, also i never cut my airbox, its tight but i have had no issues.

I bought one bidding off ebay and the f*cker blew up after the first day I went riding all over my garage floor!! I got a new one tho for 30$ : ) This ever happen to anyone else??

i'm pretty sure a reg hardware store bushign is not gonna fit correctly.. i looked for quite a while for when i did that 400ex shock swap on frans... i ended up buying a bronze bushing and making it work... i got crafty with the drill press and a file.. it tooks awhile but i made it work.. i had to trim just a littel bit around the air box lip... some people may not i just know what i had to do.. maybe some year 400ex shocks have a slightly different size ressie? or maybe it was close so i said screw it and trimmed a littel extra for clearance.. so long ago i dont; really rmemerb why i trimmed it but i did..

well, i installed it today, it took forever but me and my dad did a unique cool, way of mounting it and it payed off, the performance is awesome, i cannot bottom it out, i have a question though, there are 2 screws that adjust stuff, what do they adjust, top and bottom ones. it gives a much better ride, and to me it seens to slide better, i didn't shave the air ox, it barely rubs and thos is a mod i highly reccomend!

cool mod , I'm gonna put on on my 2000 too , brass and bronze are kinda soft , if there is any binding it will eventually get sloppy , just keep an eye on it . or keep some grease on it .