needing help with a bearing carrier

AssWild

Sep 21, 2013
Springfield MO
Ok here we go...I have an 02 blaster that im upgrading. I have put warrior hydros on front with 06 spindles. I want rear hydros but dont want to fab up the shee carrier but want to use a shee axle. I have looked everywhere for a 03+ carrier with little luck unless i wanted new....Also my gf likes to ride and she prefers my 450r cuz it sits lower. So i was wondering if a 400ex shock would work with the rear lowering kit. I also intend on getting the dimond j widening kit and was wondering if my stock 450r would work since i have elka in it..
Thanks

it sits lower? a blaster def needs to be widened but dont got any advice about your supension,only thing i was going to mention is that you can shave the seat if you want to sit lower lol.the member blaaster has the diamond j kit ask him:)get smaller tires if you got those stock ballon ones on there.

Well i bought the cheap front and rear lowering kits off ebay until i have $ for diamond js and i was just wondering if i could still use the 400ex rear shock with that lowering kit?

Well i bought the cheap front and rear lowering kits off ebay until i have $ for diamond js and i was just wondering if i could still use the 400ex rear shock with that lowering kit?
i don't see why you have to any issues using the 400ex shock. but than again, I haven't used any lowering kits either.

people put 400ex shocks on all the time but you need to fab it,i did not read the lowering kit instructions but it obviosly changes were the suspension mounts to the frame.,either way you need washers and a drill to install 400ex shock,there is a vid on youtube explaining how to do it or ken oconnor even sells the kit.i dont see it being a problem either with stock shock or 400ex,although im not so sure how well that lowering kit is going to be usefull unless you ride it on a flat road all the time,or dont mind getting slammed with bumps lol,again i have no experience with it just a thought,:)

Well we ride in fields and flat tracks mostly and she doesnt do jumps really..she is just now getting a little bit more comfortable slidding around and since my 450 is lower and very wide she feels less tip happy..so im just tryingbto make her hapoy on the blasty cuz i want my R back lol

Widen it in the front, less tippy

450r shocks are 18" eye to eye. blaster shocks 14.25" eye to eye.
Even with lowering kit, it would still be higher with your r shocks.

I wouldnt trust those lowering kits for a minute. Only CFM make sets strong enough. all the ones on ebay say NOT to jump or ride rough

If you ordered ASR long travel a-arms, you could run your 450r shocks. but you would always need longer shocks, or it would sit super low back on stock shocks