Need to know a part number for rear brakes

Jason123

Jan 29, 2015
I picked up a 2000 blaster for my son. I was told the rear caliper was seized. So I took it apart and all worked well except there is a round piece that has 3 notches in it. That is the piece I need since his has cracked into 2 pieces. Please let me know if you have information on the part number, where to get one, or if you have one to spare. Thanks

Trying to keep it on the cheap. So I don't really want to convert. I did look up a parts diagram but all of the pics are grainy and I can't really tell which part it is.

Yes they are expensive to rebuild. Buying the shorty cable, which eliminates the parking brake will help, but the mechanical brakes on the blaster are not very good. Even after rebuilding mine I found the hydro conversion was the only way to go. Why put a hundred bucks in a system that you will not be happy with. The money you are about to spend will get you half way to the best rear brakes, hydro.

I would follow the advice of these guys and get a hydraulic set up from Awk. I rebuilt the rear brakes on my 98 blaster and they worked but not nearly as good as hydros

If it comes down to it I will do hydrolic. There is no way I would pay $65 for that part.but if I can find a cheap one that will get him by for now I will do that.

Thanks for all of the info, but I ended up making a replacement part for the brake. Now on to the rest of the project.