need some help with Stroker crank

yamahablaster19

May 13, 2013
Illinois
Im wanting to get a Stroker crank and im wanting to know how much of a stroke I get get before using race gas. And would it be a good idea to get a vitos 240 Kit? What's some go race clutches I can't get? Any help,is get thanks.

That's a lot of questions with a lot of different answers. Use the search key to find answers to them. You have a choice of 2 stroker cranks. A vitos 3mm and a hot rods 4mm. The 3mm usually requires no machining of the cases. The 4mm needs to have the cases trenched. I would suggest getting a good pipe, cylinder ported, 3mm stroker crank, 34mm carb, and head rechambered.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a lot of questions with a lot of different answers. Use the search key to find answers to them. You have a choice of 2 stroker cranks. A vitos 3mm and a hot rods 4mm. The 3mm usually requires no machining of the cases. The 4mm needs to have the cases trenched. I would suggest getting a good pipe, cylinder ported, 3mm stroker crank, 34mm carb, and head rechambered.

Thanks for the advice. Ill let you y'all know what I plan to use

the first questions were answered well above,
i'll throw my opinion in on the clutches.....

Driveline Performance, 2 versions...HD and Big Bore HD.
although i'm not running a BBK, what i am running rips.
and i run the BB-HD.
both versions include the extra full size fiber to replace the 1/2 fiber/wave ring

scroll down read what their numerous dyno runs have discovered.....

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna run the bb-hd. Thanks alot

some "qoute" tips......
if you click the qoute button at the bottom right corner of any post, it will "copy/paste" it as a qoute for you into your post.
if you click the "multi-off" button an all the posts you want to qoute, when you click "qoute" on the last of them, it will qoute all of them for you to reply to them all in 1 post.

like this........

Thanks for the advice. Ill let you y'all know what I plan to use

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna run the bb-hd. Thanks alot

you're welcome :)

I would go with the plus 3 crank. It's a simpler install and you don't have the cost of trenching. The plus 4 sounds nice but I feel is not needed for someone that rides just for fun. I could see using it for hill climb or other racing for max power. Just my opinion.

I would go with the plus 3 crank. It's a simpler install and you don't have the cost of trenching. The plus 4 sounds nice but I feel is not needed for someone that rides just for fun. I could see using it for hill climb or other racing for max power. Just my opinion.

some "qoute" tips......
if you click the qoute button at the bottom right corner of any post, it will "copy/paste" it as a qoute for you into your post.
if you click the "multi-off" button an all the posts you want to qoute, when you click "qoute" on the last of them, it will qoute all of them for you to reply to them all in 1 post.

like this........

you're welcome :)

Thanks ill remember to do that. I'm think about gettin the Vito's +3 crank