Need some help please!

wfoyfz

Jul 5, 2011
first off just wanted to hi new to the forum and i thought you guys might be able to help me. I am trying to jet my buddys blaster and i am haveing no luck. It is a stock motor just has a fmf gold series w/ power core 2 pipe and i took the air box lid off, i have tried all different jets sizes up to 320 and i am haveing no luck, every jet runs good till you get to 3/4 to wide open then it cuts out. i was wondering if there was something else wrong with it. This is my first time workin on a blaster so i turn to you guys for help, any advice is helpfull. Thanks Rick

fmf's usually run from a 270 - 280 jet
a bog like you describe is usually rich, start at the 290 and work down,
techblaster swears by a 250 jet for fmf's ????

FMF with oil injection still hooked up at high elevation might use a 250 main. Otherwise, I think techblaster has a leaky choke circuit...

Runs great to 3/4 throttle eh? You need to download the downloadable manual and go through the ignition trouble shooting section. It'll take about an hour and a multimeter and it may root out your problem.

Chances are if you've tried every jet you've got and nothing has changed, it's not jetting related. LOL

1........I think techblaster has a leaky choke circuit...

2 Chances are if you've tried every jet you've got and nothing has changed, it's not jetting related. LOL

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha, he claims he's done 5 bikes like that ????

2......agreed

I was taiking to the guy today and he told me that it ran fine when he put the pipe on then he took it to a guy to have something done and the guy took the oil injection off and when he got it back he said that when it started cuttin out. i just found this out so thats why i thought it might need to be jetted but it sounds to me like elec problems, could it be something from the oil injection

I too am interested to see how this goes as I too am suffering similar trouble.. Though I've just changed the carb to a 32mm mikuni from the stock one.

Only mod at this stage is FMF fatty & powercore II silencer. It ran fine before the carb change.

With the bigger carb, it operates great until you crack the last 1/4 of the throttle, doesn't matter what rpm its doing.. As soon as I open the throttle further than 3/4 it just bogs.

Have tried jets from 170 to 320 with the same result which tells me it isn't jetting related!

Could the choke circuit leaking cause this by chance, or possibly the float level?

I work away so I havent had a chance to play for a while.. Just chasing some experienced opinions!

PS - Sorry to the OP for the threadjack but it seems we are having a very similar problem!

Cheers from Australia I:I

Hey Luni,

Got home, pulled carb off.. Changed to a 250 main as I dont have a 260 handy! Raised the float a little & problem solved!!

So thanks for the suggestion..
I also flattened the main jet washer with some wet & dry on glass as it looked to be a bit rough. Whether this helped anything I'm unsure, all i know is it runs sweet now.

Now to get on with jetting it spot on :D

Cheers from down under!

Last edited:
well i finally got the blaster fixed, i haven't had alot of time to work on it so it took me awhile, but it ended up being the tors sustem unhooked that and runs good