Need some advice

Craigers

Jun 29, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Im thinking on getting 1 of these 3 silencers.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Now my question is this, I have an 89 Blaster, with stock exhaust, and the Spark Arrester is off. Will I have to re-jet if I buy one of these? I was looking more toward buying the FMF Power Core 2.. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO the powercore 2 sounds the best but its a bit long... and no you shouldnt have to rejet for just a silencer but do a plug chop to be sure. the best thing to do is get a complete exhaust because just adding a silencer does not increase performance

Yea, a complete exhaust will be in the future. I'm kinda tight with money at the moment, so I'm just gonna stick with the silencer for now. Thanks for the help!

my lrd is way lounder than stock the stock silencer blows. And if your gonna spend 107 one exhaust for 150 you could find a complete used pipe and silencer.

Yea i got fatty gold series and power core II and its the best ive ran loud but goes i didnt rejet or do anything to spark plug and my quad is a 89 also

Yea i got fatty gold series and power core II and its the best ive ran loud but goes i didnt rejet or do anything to spark plug and my quad is a 89 also

You didnt rejet? You need to rejet with any motor mod. Dont listen to this guy rejet, and plug chop.

We can walk you through it. I was always afraid also but it will take about an hour and most of that will be riding lol.

Just start high in the main like 280 or so with a fmf.
Adjust the air/fuel screw about 1.5 turns out.
Get a brand new plug and do this http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-plug-chop-38674/
Then if the results tell you your lean or rich go from there changin main jets, you shouldnt have to mess with the pilot.

Also dont buy a jet kit just go to rockymountainatv.com and buy some jets from lets say 250 to 290 or so. Maybe someone who has jetted with a fmf will chime in. I have only messed with lrd pipes or just stock bikes with no air lid.

i didnt rejet i havent even messed with carb it rus fine like it is i can run circles around a 350 warrior so maybe it was already jetted when i got it

We can walk you through it. I was always afraid also but it will take about an hour and most of that will be riding lol.

Just start high in the main like 280 or so with a fmf.
Adjust the air/fuel screw about 1.5 turns out.
Get a brand new plug and do this http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-plug-chop-38674/
Then if the results tell you your lean or rich go from there changin main jets, you shouldnt have to mess with the pilot.

Also dont buy a jet kit just go to rockymountainatv.com and buy some jets from lets say 250 to 290 or so. Maybe someone who has jetted with a fmf will chime in. I have only messed with lrd pipes or just stock bikes with no air lid.

180? holy crap yo, thats what you guys run up north. damn, i have a 175 in mine:p but then again its a big ass carb8-| [34mm pj]

i'd get the dg if it were my decision, it's the cheapest and i have heard they sound pretty good.( "do not do not do not" buy the whole DG exhaust though. the expansion chamber is worse than stock) the fmf is too long for my taste(been there, done that). don't know about the pro circuit, but it does look nice.

It may sound stupied, but I don't have a spark arrester on my current stock exhaust. I like the FMF, and the DG. I don't really want the exhaust to be really loud, only cause i live in a quiet neighborhood with old people.

i didnt rejet i havent even messed with carb it rus fine like it is i can run circles around a 350 warrior so maybe it was already jetted when i got it

let just see how long that top end lasts without rejetting.

you can buy aftermarket spark arresters but idk if they make it quiet or not??

Also dg sounds good but dont run the head pipe they suck i know from personal experience.

No, if your spark arrester is removed out of your stock exhaust as you purchased it and as long it's not running lean( see plug) there wouldn't be a reason to re jet. A stock exhaust..., with the spark arrestor removed is ..open exhaust. Not any different with a aftermarket silencer. This is common knowledge among bike mechanics. Open exhaust is open exhaust..( spark arrestor removed )