Need set straight on oil

desgre90

Jun 26, 2009
I just scored a used clutch cover with block off kit installed on ebay and now I have some questions. Install is no problem, but more about the oil. I have looked around this site and see that 32:1 is recommended for premixing, but I am kind of lost when it comes to the synthetic vs non-synthetic types of 2 stroke oil. I read that yamalube 2S is ment for injection is semi sythetic and if you use it to premix, you should use 20:1 while for a synthetic you do 32:1? I am sure I probably got something wrong and that is why I am comming to you for help. For those with block off kits (pretty much all of you guys lol), what oils do you use that you can buy in bulk? Is yamalube 2R better than 2S etc... Fill a noob in please.

Thanks in advance,
Greg

95 blaster - stock engine

im sure that the 2r is better because its not for the injection system but it probabaly doesnt matter...... im no expert with oil because i still have my injection system but theres different and better oil out there.... hope i helped

I don't know if anyone else has tried it, but I switched from Yamalube to Amsoil Dominator and noticed a big difference in the responsiveness of the throttle. It seems to get to those high notes quicker as well, but that may just all be in my head. I'm not a huge Amsoil guy (the stuff is expensive), but I've heard good things about the dominator two stroke formula from my buddy who races karts so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm switching to a block off kit myself and running my own premix and I'll be starting with 32:1 with the amsoil. I'll keep you updated as to how it goes and whether or not I change the mix.

klotz if you can afford it or yamalube 2r.......i have even used the cheap supertech outboard oil at wally world in a pinch lmao....with no problems......32-1

Greg your post is correct, do not use 2s for pre-mix, I would use it over pennzoil, evinrude oils like that, it is not made to pre-mix but will workin a pinch, Yammie R is as good as the rest, the benol castrol, klotz are better for alcohol in my opinion and will seperate in time, mix Yammie R 32:1 and you will have years of happy motoring. Bel-Ray is an ash oil and is probably the dirtiest out there, IMHO

well you started a controversial topic. premix oils is more about preference, you can argue all day, but its about what you like. all in all its all oil, it all lubricates. amsoil is pricey, but i like it. thats what i use. 32:1 i prefer synthetics. yamalube is cheap oil. works in a pinch, but cheap crappy oil. never had a problem with amsoil. but like someone said, theres thousands of oils out there. pick one. hahahahaha