Need opions on 450s

92blaster

Jan 18, 2009
Red Wing, MN
Hey guys well im looking at getting a 450.. still love the 2strokes just cant really find a 2stroke quad for the trails for a decent price.. the quadracer is stricktly mx racing only,, and the hybrids crank locked up and i have run out of patience with it so thats up for sale for $500.. so the logical choice is a 450 since i want good suspension and newer than 10 years old with nothing that needs to be fixed.. so here are the choices i have narrowed it down to but can decied and dont know much about them. any info on problems some years had or whats faster anything is helpful

Honda TRX 450R

Yamaha YFZ 450

Suzuki LTR 450

I dunno much about them...but Im a yamaha guy and have heard good things about the YFZ...and my bro in law has one and he seems to like it.

i'd love to have a kfx450r for the trails since it does have reverse. out of those choices you've listed then obviously i'd take the yfz 1st with the ltr in a close 2nd. the trx450 is meh to me since everyone and their mama has one lol.

you cant go wrong with the honda, but if I had to do it again I Would go for the ltr450.....

my cousin has a ltr 450 he loves that thing he even sprays it with pam to keep the mud off better its fast as hell he blows his firneds yfz away all day and the yfzs for racing when he starts it it sets off his car alarm but my cousins been ridin since he could walk but all i kno is id take a ltr anyday there nice and i kno someone with a trx it keeps breaking and i kno someone with a yfz hasnt had on problem id go with the ltr or the yfz but thats my opion

i looked at the kfx and didnt like it thats why its not on the list i dont want reverse i want a light 450 with minimal extras i want it to weight just as much as my 250r no heavier..

but the one problem i had with the yfz is the front of the seat is to hard but the back part is nice but its got a gripper seat..

cheapest in order and pros and cons

Honda: really cheap easy to get:slowest of the bunch (from what i heard)
Yamaha:fastest (iv been told):hard seat
Suzuki: wider, cheap to make fast: hard to find and more expensive

^^ stuff like that is what im looking for.. i really dont care what brand i go with since i havent had any problem with any of them.. anything is helpfull thanks

whatever 450r you rode musta been junk...
buddy of mine has 2 450rs one with lec start.. and a kick only.. the beater of the 2 spanks rappy 660s and 700s all day..

makes his buddys build banshee look retarted

i looked at the kfx and didnt like it thats why its not on the list i dont want reverse i want a light 450 with minimal extras i want it to weight just as much as my 250r no heavier..

but the one problem i had with the yfz is the front of the seat is to hard but the back part is nice but its got a gripper seat..

cheapest in order and pros and cons

Honda: really cheap easy to get:slowest of the bunch (from what i heard)
Yamaha:fastest (iv been told):hard seat
Suzuki: wider, cheap to make fast: hard to find and more expensive

^^ stuff like that is what im looking for.. i really dont care what brand i go with since i havent had any problem with any of them.. anything is helpfull thanks

no man you got it all wrong...lol

Honda: cheapest. fastest once modified. holeshot monster!
Yamaha: slowest, hard seat...
Suzuki: bad 3rd gear. (fails almost 100% of the time.) but amazing other then that...

ok thanks ^^ thats why im asking because this is just what iv been told.. but dirt wheels did a thing on the 450s and the trx was like 3 mph slower all out... why does the LTR's 3rd gear fail???

no man you got it all wrong...lol

Honda: cheapest. fastest once modified. holeshot monster!
Yamaha: slowest, hard seat...
Suzuki: bad 3rd gear. (fails almost 100% of the time.) but amazing other then that...

agree with this 100% I loved my Honda 450r. If it wasn't for the fact I only trail ride I would still have it. The Honda is the cheapest to mod and once done hove the most low end of any 450 and can be made to be the fastest. Most ppl don't give them the time of day b/c from the factory they were extremely bottled up and slow but once you start adding parts they increase HP faster then any 450.

ok thanks ^^ thats why im asking because this is just what iv been told.. but dirt wheels did a thing on the 450s and the trx was like 3 mph slower all out... why does the LTR's 3rd gear fail???

idk, why it fails but if you buy one newer then 07 it WILL....

you can buy a billet 3rd gear from ATP and it will completely fix it though....

yeah, the cam ams look awesome!

but my friend that I raced with last year got one this year, and he said his clutch basket shattered the first ride.... but the dealer will replace it for free because it is a can am recall repair... so I wouldn't buy one unles you want a weak clutch...